We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Bandos

London
Level Contributor
79 posts
20 reviews
Save Topic
Bandos

Folks on here say on Bandos the standard rooms are good. As we are travelling with our daughter, is that the same or should we look to upgrade to a bigger room

Thanks

Sara

Level Contributor
593 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Bandos

We visited Bandos twice and stayed in a standard room both times. We thought the standard room was fine. It's basic but clean and lots of room.

There is a little section inside the door with a small table and chairs and so I imagine that is where they would put a second bed if one was bringing a child.

We enjoyed Bandos very much.

Oxford, United...
Level Contributor
9,417 posts
51 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Bandos

Hi

If you follow this link and look towards the bottom of the page there is a floor plan which might help you. The same link will take you to the other room types as well.

bandosmaldives.com/accommodation/…

OD

Houston, Texas
Level Contributor
5 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Bandos

Hi :)

Just booked 11 days at Bandos Island...wondering about the diving? Is Bandos the only resort there? Who are the dive operators? I would like to contact them ahead of time to check packages and rates.....is that how it works here? First time diving in the Maldivies! :)))

Thanks for any help!

Debbie

Surrey
Level Contributor
120 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Bandos

Debbie - I went to Bandos a few years back and loved the diving - it was my first diving experience in the Maldives but I still remember it as the best (for diving that is). Others will have more experience and will feel differently I am sure.

I booked the packages when I got there. I think there is only one dive school but it is pretty big as they cater for lots of divers there (there is a deco chamber on the island). The kit was all in good order, lots of dive sites to choose from, etc etc.

Sara - the standard rooms are fine but if you can afford it then consider upgrading to the Jacuzzi Beach Villas. I think it was money well spent and it kind of made the holiday a bit more "idyllic" for want of another way of putting it.

Houston, Texas
Level Contributor
5 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Bandos

THank you tricky182 - :) Off in a few weeks - well, July :) And I can't get any response from the resort regarding the dive packages. oh well! :)

Traveling with our 2 year old and booked deluxe room - friends did the jacuzzi beach villa with 1 child and said it was pretty steep on the stairs for a little one so we took their advice!! thanks for your help....!

Biggin Hill
Level Contributor
622 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Bandos

Dive Bandos is the dive centre at Bandos, exceptionally well run, all staff (mainly maldivian) speak excellent english, when you get to Bandos, just pop into the dive centre - located behind sundowners bar and speak to who ever is on duty at the desk. They also have their own website, www.divebandos.com with lots of info, the prices on the site are current.

Re rooms, we have stayed in a standard room with our teenage son, there is plenty of room. We always book that type of room and spend the difference on diving. After all you dont spend that much time in your room.

Edited: 24 May 2012, 19:07
Warrington
Level Contributor
244 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Bandos

On our 2nd visit to Bandos we upgraded to a JBV while we were there and have to agree they are really nice... the bathrooms are lovely with great jacuzzis, but as said maybe not great for small children due to the stairs. The standard rooms as i remember were a good size and would accommodate 3 easily.

I didn't dive on either visit, but remember the snorkelling being good... not the best corals but a good variety of fish - I saw way more adult sharks at the drop off than at Vilamendhoo although not as many Rays or turtles.

Have a lovely time - we have fond memories of Bandos with it being our first island.

Marc

8. Re: Bandos

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 21 June 2013, 10:41
Get answers to your questions about Southern Ari Atoll