We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Mirihi added costs vs all-inclusive

Seattle
Level Contributor
81 posts
30 reviews
Save Topic
Mirihi added costs vs all-inclusive

Final details coming together -so exciting! So, when looking at prices, mirihi is slightly cheaper than Athuruga or Constance, but people often comment that they were priced out of selecting Mirihi. How expensive are drinks/extras? Am of foolish to think it will be a wash?

Considering splitting my 8days over 2 islands vs staying put. Any advice?

Priorities are diving and not being the oldest couple there -20th anniversary trip!

Thx!

Divide, Colorado
Destination Expert
for Maldives
Level Contributor
14,736 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Mirihi added costs vs all-inclusive

as a diver during a short stay .. there is no way i would recommend splitting your stay . you already only have 6 divedays .. you would cause yourself a ton of hassle and lost time for no gain.

moneywise .. on mirihi the standard dive is 75 mins .. 60 mins on athuruga .. so more bottomtime for the buck.

i have visited both athuruga and mirihi multiple times but mirihi wins by miles.

as far as the drinks .. soft drinks and water is not expensive at all on mirihi .. i don't really drink alcohol so i have no idea what someone could rack up .

Surrey
Level Contributor
370 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Mirihi added costs vs all-inclusive

Hi - we spent just under £1000 over 2 weeks - that included luchtime drink every day (usually 2 beers and a coke) - every evening (1 cocktail + 2 beers) - 1 bottle of red wine each night with dinner , and 2 beers after dinner- also speedboat return trip to Conrad for cocktails once + 2 glasses of champagne on conrad (£80). Plus we booked the wine & dine meal experience at over sea restaurant - includes about 5 wines with dining experience.

This did not include any of the tips, and we were on Half Board - we did not buy anything to eat for lunch at all - we found a good breakfast keeps you going and you are more ready to do the evening meal justice - we did take a few 'snacky' bics in our luggage to nibble at lunchtime - together with fruit from the room.

Hope this is helpful

Mal

Surrey
Level Contributor
370 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Mirihi added costs vs all-inclusive

Hi - i should also add we have been to Athuruga too - when on AI you tend to drink more (or is that just us?) - we had the equivalent of 1 Bottle of white wine with lunch and 1 bottle of red with dinner. We also had liquers after dinner, and more beers and cocktails.

We loved both islands - returning to Mirihi this year and Athuruga next year. We preferred the villa at Mirihi and the Mirihi housereef wins hands down (although Athuruga is also excellent).

We have also done 2 centre Maldives holidays several times, and I know others disagree, but have never found the transfer takes up too much time.

Mal

Northern Ireland...
Level Contributor
9,124 posts
286 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Mirihi added costs vs all-inclusive

cost of drinks at Mirihi has ruled it out for us unless i bite the bullet and say what the heck. We would also have a bottle at lunch and at dinner and thats about $1120 alone for 2 weeks. Add in cocktails, soft drinks, spirits etc and for us it would be probably over $2000. For us its either bite the bullet or go easy (maybe skip the odd diet coke). Diet cokes alone would set the OH back about $400 as she is a diet coke a =holic (i think she needs a patch to wean her off them). We always ask for 8 a day in our mini bar when on AI.

So it depends how much you drink, .... so get the prices off the Mirihi website, add on the taxes /service charge and get the calculator out -thats what we did and then duly fainted.

Edinburgh, United...
Level Contributor
4,412 posts
53 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Mirihi added costs vs all-inclusive

Hi

We went FB at Mirihi and spent another $1,000+ on top but that included several spa visits and a few shop purchases. You get free water (more than enough!) and coffee in room so never had any extra. Would have 1-2 drinks each with lunch, and 2-3 each dinner / evenings - I might have one alcoholic one entire hols, but lots of non alcoholic coctails etc. OH would have beer, cocktails and some soft drinks.

suffolk
Level Contributor
1,412 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Mirihi added costs vs all-inclusive

Few weeks to go now and I'll let you know Paul , I was roughly working on around £1500 for 12 nts . Bottle of red and white every day between us, couple g&t's or vodka martinis , bacardi (other half ) maybe a beer or glass wine at lunchtime .

Have looked at website but last thing I want is to be thinking how much I'm spending whilst I am there . Just have to make sure I'm sitting down when I check out and settled my bill :-)

Not planning any trips this time but would like to go look at Angaga though if there is the chance .

London, United...
Level Contributor
27,179 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Mirihi added costs vs all-inclusive

Ok,,I've got to ask, now, I'm no slouch in the booze department, I can hold my own, when the occasion calls for it, it comes from working in a male dominated environment,, but you have two bottles of wine a day at night ( one red, one white) and then need to buy additional glasses of wine at lunch?

That's quite impressive really. I'd email and tell them to stock up:))

suffolk
Level Contributor
1,412 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Mirihi added costs vs all-inclusive

No froggy I like red she likes white . I have no problem making a bottle of red disappear though .

London, United...
Level Contributor
27,179 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Mirihi added costs vs all-inclusive

Lol, ok.

Have to be honest, after the day I have had, I am thinking of working my own little magic trick on a bottle of red myself tonight:))

Just got to wait till after the 4.30 conf call. Sigh.

Northern Ireland...
Level Contributor
9,124 posts
286 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Mirihi added costs vs all-inclusive

Tesco.... Just now .... Two bottles of brancott estate for £10 (that's Montana in old money ) in maldives is $95 a bottle.... That's what im talking about (ahem, just cleared the shelves. ., coughs)

Get answers to your questions about Southern Ari Atoll
Recent Conversations