We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Air Conditioning at Fihalhohi

Luton, England...
Level Contributor
9 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Air Conditioning at Fihalhohi

Hello

I'm going to Fihalhohi in 12 days time. I have the MyThomson app. Looking at the room facilities on there is says there is air conditioning but at a charge. I have contacted Thomson for verification on this and the charge but as of yet they have not received any information from the Resort itself. Has anyone who has stayed at Fihalhohi had to pay for the Air Conditioning? If so how much was the charge?

Many Thanks

Sittingbourne...
Level Contributor
260 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Air Conditioning at Fihalhohi

Haven't been for a few years but, it was about £4 per day in the basic rooms and free in the others.

Divide, Colorado
Destination Expert
for Maldives
Level Contributor
14,023 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Air Conditioning at Fihalhohi

hm.. I seem to remember 10$ per day

Wid
Wirral,England
Level Contributor
3,473 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Air Conditioning at Fihalhohi

When we went two years ago it was free in the comfort rooms but we had a classic room (ie basic beach villa - not one of the standard rooms in a block) and had to pay for it. It cost us about £90 over the two weeks at the exchange rate then so it must have been $10 per night. You could try doing without but it would be mighty difficult to sleep.

Northern Ireland...
Level Contributor
9,124 posts
287 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Air Conditioning at Fihalhohi

Why do they charge? Which other resorts charge?

Edinburgh, United...
Level Contributor
4,175 posts
50 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Air Conditioning at Fihalhohi

You're kidding!? It is a very basic resort? Does it work like airlines with the cheaper ones charging for add ons?

Luton, England...
Level Contributor
9 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Air Conditioning at Fihalhohi

Not sure how it works just yet. I just saw it on the MyThomson app and queried it. Thomson have contacted the resort but they haven't replied back.

Its seems really cheeky to charge for air conditioning when you go to a resort in a country like the maldives where you'll probably need to depend on it quite a bit. I'm sure there must be some sort of regulation for this...

Northern Ireland...
Level Contributor
9,124 posts
287 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Air Conditioning at Fihalhohi

It's the sort of thing you expect in a self catering studio apartment in Tenerife or turkey not an exclusive long haul destination

London, United...
Level Contributor
4,173 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Air Conditioning at Fihalhohi

Not all resorts have aircon. Try Asdu Sun Island - very pretty, good reef, but no airconditioning in the rooms (not even at a cost)! Most people who have visited it, don't consider it a problem.

SL

Northern Ireland...
Level Contributor
9,124 posts
287 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Air Conditioning at Fihalhohi

No air con in the maldives is a joke. Which half decent resorts don't have aircon?

London
Level Contributor
1,919 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Air Conditioning at Fihalhohi

The best sleep I have ever had in the Maldives is without air conditioning, we only had a ceiling fan and open windows (we were on the 4th floor). But all resorts should have it.

Get answers to your questions about Southern Ari Atoll