We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Air Conditioning at Fihalhohi

Luton, England...
Level Contributor
9 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Air Conditioning at Fihalhohi

Hello

I'm going to Fihalhohi in 12 days time. I have the MyThomson app. Looking at the room facilities on there is says there is air conditioning but at a charge. I have contacted Thomson for verification on this and the charge but as of yet they have not received any information from the Resort itself. Has anyone who has stayed at Fihalhohi had to pay for the Air Conditioning? If so how much was the charge?

Many Thanks

Northern Ireland...
Level Contributor
9,124 posts
287 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: Air Conditioning at Fihalhohi

We like to keep the aircon on in the day and turn off at night . Then use the ceiling fan. Just cannot imagine not being able to cool the room down in that heat

norfolk
Level Contributor
2,525 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: Air Conditioning at Fihalhohi

So paul r u saying u keep the air con on all day even when u r not in the room?

Divide, Colorado
Destination Expert
for Maldives
Level Contributor
13,924 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
13. Re: Air Conditioning at Fihalhohi

I agree that the resorts should have a/c ... but I personally never use it

norfolk
Level Contributor
2,525 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
14. Re: Air Conditioning at Fihalhohi

a/c should be available but we personally only use, when we are in the building.

Northern Ireland...
Level Contributor
9,124 posts
287 reviews
Save Reply
15. Re: Air Conditioning at Fihalhohi

Put it on when we get back in after the days activities and keep it on for few hours then turn off when go to sleep. Do this to cool room down to be able to sleep. Can't sleep with aircon on, annoys me when it goes on and off. I like a ceiling fan on though just to move the air around

norfolk
Level Contributor
2,525 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
16. Re: Air Conditioning at Fihalhohi

Must admit, my husband not keen on it being on in night as it keeps him awake, me, all that wine, will sleep through anything!

London, United...
Level Contributor
27,178 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
17. Re: Air Conditioning at Fihalhohi

We tend to keep the aircon on if we are out for a couple of hours, keeps the room cold. Really depends on the efficiency of the unit, a good unit, and yes, switch it off, a poor unit and we would keep it on as it can take quite a while to cool the room down and be uncomfortable.

Have to say, I would not be keen to be in a room with no aircon in that heat either. A bit like a car having it, yes, I can wind the windows down and we went many years without, but if I don't have to, I won't. Most resorts have it now and it's not charged As extra. For me, that would be akin to going to Siberia and charging for the heating. Sure, I can wrap up in a blanket and jumpers, but if I have other options, then this would not be the one we took.

Edited: 26 June 2013, 22:17
Level Contributor
584 posts
Save Reply
18. Re: Air Conditioning at Fihalhohi

Our first visit to the Maldives was to Reethi Rah pre upgrade and there was no air conditioning just louvred doors/windows and a ceiling fan which made it uncomfortable for us and difficult to sleep.

Apart from that visit we always keep the air con on whether we are in the room or not as we like to have the room cool and I'm normally in and out quite a lot as I don't sun bathe since I don't tan.

I sometimes find it too cool at night as my husband likes to keep the air con very cold but if we turn it down then I'm quickly too warm.

norfolk
Level Contributor
2,525 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
19. Re: Air Conditioning at Fihalhohi

I like being cold and my husband likes being hot, marriage made in hell possibly,

luckily I have a sense of humour!

Kent, England
Level Contributor
4,468 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
20. Re: Air Conditioning at Fihalhohi

As much as I hate to point this out....

In the room description of Fiha it clearly states that twin rooms have air con at a charge. Yes, I agree if it's already in-situ then why not just have it free of charge but at least it is mentioned and not a hidden charge per se.

Get answers to your questions about Southern Ari Atoll