We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Almost ready for Maafushivaru

Eindhoven, The...
Level Contributor
52 posts
17 reviews
Save Topic
Almost ready for Maafushivaru

A long while I ago I asked you guys many questions about booking our dream honeymoon to the Maldives. I'm thankful for all the responses and feedback we have received so far.

Now that nearly everything is set in stone and the official countdown has begun I want to make sure that we are well prepared for this big trip.

Next year 25th of Feb we are marrying and 4 days later we hop onto our airplane to paradise.

We decided to not fly with Emirates and to avoid Dubai airport ( We heard horror stories about Dubai regarding medicines ) Instead we change flights in Abu Dhabi.

A few things regarding my soon to be husband's medicines are still a bit unclear and i'm unsure what to do next. So far I went with him to the UAE office and we also got stamps from the health department and lastly we got stamps from the foreign affairs office. Is there anything else I can do? Or have we done enough?

We tried to contact the customs in the Maldives but until this day no-one has answered any of our phones or emails. We will make sure to take all the emails we sent out with us to show them if people ask questions.

Looking forward to your answers,

Cotswolds, United...
Destination Expert
for Maldives, North Male Atoll, Southern Ari Atoll, Lhaviyani Atoll
Level Contributor
4,716 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Almost ready for Maafushivaru

If you are taking prescribed medication, make sure you take your copy of the prescription as it proves they are medically prescribed. Other than that, it sounds like you have done more than enough ....

London, United...
Level Contributor
27,179 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Almost ready for Maafushivaru

What is it that is still unclear please and what is the UAE office,,,do you mean the embassy?

Swindon, United...
Level Contributor
3,866 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Almost ready for Maafushivaru

I don't think you need to worry if only transiting Dubai or Abu Dhabi, I think the problem is likely to be if entering the UAE. We travel with a small pharmacy in our hand luggage and when flying via Abu Dhabi to Maldives this year we didn't get stopped at any airport. That was a good thing as we didn't have copies of the prescriptions!

Edited: 15 November 2013, 11:23
4. Re: Almost ready for Maafushivaru

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 17 November 2014, 05:17
Get answers to your questions about Southern Ari Atoll
Still have questions?
Post your own question so other travellers can help.
Ask a question