We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Angaga

London
Level Contributor
742 posts
127 reviews
Save Topic
Angaga

hey guys - if you'd be looking for a more quiet and private spot on the island, with a nice cozy stretch of beach which beach villa numbers would we be looking at? Or would you rather go for OWV? cheers

Liverpool
Level Contributor
5,300 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Angaga

I'd probably avoid 101 - 105 or so, as there seemed to be a few people walking to and fro at meal times etc on their way to the restaurant. Water villas obviously quieter but I'm not a fan so not really fair for me to comment!

Due to the layout of the island all of the pathways are in front of the rooms so some passing traffic is inevitable everywhere as regards beach villas. It's a tiny island with not many rooms or people so it's not really an issue.

London
Level Contributor
742 posts
127 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Angaga

Cheers! It seems to me that there are a few that are not facing the jetties and also more beachfront than others which gives them a but of a more private location?

London
Level Contributor
742 posts
127 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Angaga

... And there's some duplex villas?!

Liverpool
Level Contributor
5,300 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Angaga

From memory there wasn't a lot of beach by the duplex villas but this may change according to season (we went in July). There was also a bit of erosion apparent by room 130-ish.

London
Level Contributor
742 posts
127 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Angaga

which numbers are the duplex ones?

London, United...
Level Contributor
356 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Angaga

We had a duplex villa and it was no. 135 - they usually put families in these so you may want to avoid that area!

Paula from Magic of Maldives

Norway
Level Contributor
819 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Angaga

I would definitely stay on the lagoon side. The beach here is amazing and you have the gorgeous turquoise lagoon views!! 140-145 were perfect, we were in 142 and had a very wide beach right on our doorstep. Hardly saw any people all day. Angaga is the most beautiful island I have visited so far in the Maldives!

Edit: the beaches shift with the seasons. We were there in March and the area by the family villas had the best beach on the island. I just noticed Ian saying that in July there was less beach in this area. So it depends on when you are planing on going.

Edited: 12 April 2014, 13:13
Cumbria, United...
Level Contributor
3,446 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Angaga

Agree with Ian's comments on 101 - 105, only I'd probably extend it down to 110. We were in 103 one March and at the time there was a lot of passing foot traffic and very little beach area (it does shift and they were sand bagging to keep as much as possible in place for quite a stretch down that side of the island) - but very handy access to the reef. If returning we'd probably ask for somewhere around 124 -130. You do know there are some sea defences around the island albeit very natural and unobtrusive?.

We thought the island was very pretty but also that the accommodation was quite tightly built together in many places.

London
Level Contributor
742 posts
127 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Angaga

mmm, so I guess that in February then the lagoon side is the place to go (because of the erosion)? And if that's the case 140, 144 and 147 for the ones less tightly together, more private and more beachfront?

Liverpool
Level Contributor
5,300 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Angaga

Providing the beach is there at the time you're looking at going I'd second Heather's suggestion of 124 - 130 or thereabouts.

We were in room 109, and didn't feel the passing traffic at meal times was too bad, I think the pathway was a little closer to the first few rooms from 101 to 105/106.

I know the rooms are quite close together in parts, but can't really say I ever thought Angaga felt overcrowded in any way. As with most Maldivian islands it was often a case of wondering where everyone had disappeared to!

:)

Get answers to your questions about Southern Ari Atoll