We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Conrad vs. Athuruga vs. Moofushi

Lisbon, Portugal
Level Contributor
5 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Conrad vs. Athuruga vs. Moofushi

Hi,

We are going end of August for our honeymoon in Maldives. We are planning to go for 5 nights with a budget around 4500/5500€ (6200/7600 USD) including:

- Accommodation (Water Villa)

- Meals (Full board or AI)

- Transfer

- 8 dives for 1 person

- OWD course for 1 person

Which of these 3 places would you recommend for us. The most important is having a good time, but privacy and diving are our key needs.

Hope I am note forgetting anything. :)

Thanks for the help.

Loughborough...
Level Contributor
984 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Conrad vs. Athuruga vs. Moofushi

Hi,

Not been to Moofushi but have been to Conrad and Athuruga, if you are staying in a water villa then i would have to say Conrad would be more private than Athuruga.

Athuruga's villas are lovely but not private, we stayed in a deluxe pool beach villa on Conrad and was fab and very private, we looked at a water villa with pool also very private but preferred our villa.

Turquoise23 is a member on this forum and has visited Moofushi so she will be able to inform you on this island, maybe PM her.

MA.

Lisbon, Portugal
Level Contributor
5 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Conrad vs. Athuruga vs. Moofushi

Thanks. I will message him.

Regarding scuba diving do you have any prefered?

Thank you for your reply.

Divide, Colorado
Destination Expert
for Maldives
Level Contributor
14,044 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Conrad vs. Athuruga vs. Moofushi

for doing any scuba courses I would have to prefer athuruga for more personal service . Conrad always presented me with an - albeit nicely appointed - full boat and rigorous rules , followed to the point of public humiliation of guests for the slightest misstep . would hate to learn in that environment

Lisbon, Portugal
Level Contributor
5 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Conrad vs. Athuruga vs. Moofushi

Hi Spammie,

I have been trying to book Mihiri because of a later indication you gave in other thread. Unfortunately it will be closed during my stay.

What could you tell me about Moofushi diving? Is it far from Athuruga in terms of quality? Is any of this better to see sharks and mantas?

United Kingdom
Level Contributor
1,659 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Conrad vs. Athuruga vs. Moofushi

Hi Spammie - when was the last time you went diving with us? I thought it was a couple of years ago or have I missed a recent trip?

Bernardo S - the resorts are all relatively close to each other so they'd be able to go to much the same dive sites. Sharks you'll see on many dives but bear in mind that manta season in South Ari Atoll is traditionally November through to May. Having said that, we've often seen mantas in the summer months too, but it really depends on weather and currents bringing in the plankton that they feed on.

Note: I work for Conrad Maldives

Lisbon, Portugal
Level Contributor
5 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Conrad vs. Athuruga vs. Moofushi

Thank you all. Hope we can get mantas!

Anyone can give feedback on moofushi? It is probably the cheaper but I would like to know the difference to aturuga and conrad.

Edited: 25 April 2014, 23:40
Dubai, United Arab...
Level Contributor
1,909 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Conrad vs. Athuruga vs. Moofushi

Moofushi is a very nice island. The water villas are very nice, if not massive. Some locations are better than others (odd numbered in the 100s). I didn't see the senior WVs, but they carry the same theme, slightly larger and in a good location.

The AI is excellent, with a good choice of drinks. The spa is also very good. Food was so-so for me. Some very good, some mediocre. Snorkelling is not as good as the Athuruga.

Overall a very nice island with a nice ambience.

London, United...
Level Contributor
27,178 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Conrad vs. Athuruga vs. Moofushi

Is moofushi not the one with all those rows of water villas?

I've only sailed past these three islands and I am pretty sure it was moofushi we stopped at to collect pax on the seaplane, of the three, I would either pick athuruga or Conrad personally, if moofushi is the one I am remembering correctly. I remember being quite shocked at just how many wvs they had packed in.

Madrid, Spain
Destination Expert
for Maldives
Level Contributor
4,059 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Conrad vs. Athuruga vs. Moofushi

My Diving experience in Conrad last August was very good, all the instructors were helpful and very profesional... The only thing is that I prefer the speedboat like in Baros instead of the dhoni, which is slower and you can't go to farther places...

Lisbon, Portugal
Level Contributor
5 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Conrad vs. Athuruga vs. Moofushi

Thank you all for your kind feedback. I guess we will have to make a final decision but it is quite hard! Best regards. Bernardo

Get answers to your questions about Southern Ari Atoll