We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Diving Bluetribe Moofushi

Bengaluru, India
Level Contributor
8 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Diving Bluetribe Moofushi

I have a stay at Maafushi island this May and wanted to visit Diving Bluetribe Moofushi for scuba diving. Anybody knows if this is possible? is this place only for a resort or something? If this possible, what would be the price range for scuba diving?

Cumbria, United...
Level Contributor
3,446 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Diving Bluetribe Moofushi

Bluetribe Moofushi is the dive centre exclusive to the Constance Moofushi resort in South Ari atoll.

Maafushi is in South Male atoll.

If you were allowed to visit Constance Moofushi on a daytrip (and you would need to contact them to confirm whether this was at all possible) you then need to get there. You can get an early morning ferry to Male at a small cost but from there you would need to take a seaplane to Moofushi - price somewhere between $300 to $500 round trip. Then you may have to pay an entrance fee to the resort as a non guest. Given the travelling time I don't see you doing much diving beyond perhaps a check dive as you will need to get back to Male either before the seaplanes stop flying or in time for the ferry back to Maafushi. Personally I wouldn't consider it worth contemplating.

From Maafushi you have various decent dive sites nearby, I think there is a dive centre on Maafushi or you used to be able to take a daytrip to Biyadhoo and if you were going for diving the entrance fee to the resort was either reduced or waived, again you would need to confirm - your guesthouse may be able to help you there.

South Ari atoll is better for diving but to access it you need to be located on a local island there rather than on Maafushi in South Male atoll.

Edited: 26 April 2014, 16:14
Bengaluru, India
Level Contributor
8 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Diving Bluetribe Moofushi

Thank you

3. Re: Diving Bluetribe Moofushi

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 29 April 2015, 05:16
Get answers to your questions about Southern Ari Atoll