We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Which island next?

England
Level Contributor
35 posts
164 reviews
Save Topic
Which island next?

We have been to three previous islands in the Maldives in recent years and thoroughly enjoyed each of them, and by now we know which points really go towards making it a great holiday for us. We have been to Hakurra Hura, Vilamendhoo and Lily Beach, and all have their plusses and minor minuses. However, we are looking for an amalgam of these three island and the things we ideally want are: Small island, quiet, great food, good value all inclusive, great reef accessible from the beach, not overpriced. Your suggestions for our next visit early in 2008 would be greatly appreciated. Many thanks Pam

manchester
Level Contributor
101 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Which island next?

We went to Komandoo about 18 months ago, it is a small island, was very quiet and we really enjoyed the food. The all inclusive was (as far as I've read indicative of those offered in The Maldives) and the reef was a short swim from the beach. It does not allow under 12's. We would have booked again for next year but the prices have gone up beyond our budget and I guess we should try something new so we're heading to Vakaru which sounds very similar (apart from the kids policy).

We also stayed at Reethi Beach, which was larger, though had a better all inclusive (re: alcoholic drinks - it included branded names unlike Komandoo). The reef was good but the food wasn't as good imo as Komandoo's, though there were a choice of restaurants (not inc in AI).

Boston UK
Level Contributor
1,050 posts
65 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Which island next?

We 'graduated' (if that's the right word?) from 4 visits to Vilamendhoo, to Reethi Beach. Might be worth you taking a look at that. It certainly fits all your requirements in my opinion. Happy hunting.

Regards

Bonters

Level Contributor
11,355 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Which island next?

Have a good look at MIHIRI ISLAND I have had wonderful reports from friends who have stayed there. Not sure who goes there or if you can book direct but the personal pics and those on TA look very promising as an alternative.

Bristol
Level Contributor
366 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Which island next?

You have a message Pam. Sorry didn't see your post here before replying. I haven't been to the three islands that you have been to, but I can't recommend Vakaru highly enough, it has all the qualities that you are looking for.

Chris

ps.............We are off to Vakaru tomorrow WOOOOOOHOOOOOOOO!!

5. Re: Which island next?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 10 September 2009, 16:17
Get answers to your questions about Rangali Island