We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Qatar flights in May

UK
Level Contributor
1,668 posts
25 reviews
Save Topic
Qatar flights in May

Hi

It's the new year and my thoughts have turned to holidays.

I was just checking my flights from Manchester to Male via Doha with Qatar on my invoice with Hayes and Jarvis.

It shows the flight departing at 21.15 from MAN and arriving DOH at 06.05. The onward flight departs 08.30 DOH and arriving MLE 15.00.

I can find no mention of this flight on the Qatar timetable. Being a seasoned traveller alarm bells start to ring at the prospect of an 8 or 10 hour layover at Doha due to schedule changes. I have phoned Hayes and Jarvis but just got a stroppy person telling me it is an operations issue and if there is a change they will contact me.

I want to avoid a phone call 2 weeks before departure advising me of timetable changes, am I right to be concerned?

UK
Level Contributor
1,668 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Qatar flights in May

Have just had this email from H&J,

The flights on which you are booked are in the process of having a schedule

change.

This is something the airlines do from time-to-time to fit in with

allocated take off slots

at the airport.

Our operations department are awaiting confirmation of the slot that they

have available

for your particular date of travel and will re-confirm it with you as soon

as possible.

Boo Hoo

Hertford, United...
Level Contributor
241 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Qatar flights in May

Funny that, we're going from Heathrow in March and have just been notified of a change. Luckilly nothing upsetting but it appears that Qatar are just finalising their timetables.

Roger

Hertford, United...
Level Contributor
241 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Qatar flights in May

Just re-read your flight timings which appear sound, with a 2 hour 25 minute stop over in Doha which is ideal. Am I missing something?

Roger

UK
Level Contributor
1,668 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Qatar flights in May

Yes those are the original flight times. If they now use the Manchester flights quoted on the Qatar timetable from Manchester, I will have a 9 hour wait.

Will I have any comeback on Hayes and Jarvis?

lancashire
Level Contributor
756 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: Qatar flights in May

Qatar site , for us going 14th March.

QR044, manchester 20;15 , Doha 06;05

QR380, Doha 08;25 male 14;55 ....................

UK
Level Contributor
1,668 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Qatar flights in May

Yep, that was the flight I was on. Just check the Qatar site for the timetable to see if the times have changed for your date of departure. Hayes and Jarvis did say in their email that they had 900 people to sort out whose departure date was before mine.

Hopefully the change relates to departure dates after you have left.

Brighton, United...
Level Contributor
2,100 posts
56 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Qatar flights in May

I am on the same flight out of Heathrow on 15th Feb, I contacted H & J a few weeks ago to confirm and was told there was a change of around 10 mins in both directions, so hopefully mine is ok, as the main reason for booking this Carrier was the timings I too will be annoyed if I have a long wait at Doha, I had 9 hrs wait coming back from Thailand a few months back and it was not fun even with the onyx lounge!

lancashire
Level Contributor
756 posts
1 review
Save Reply
8. Re: Qatar flights in May

Just checked my times from their web and same as i posted ,,,then checked out May and yes times have changed , we did 09:00 out last year , then 3 1/2 hrs at Doha getting to Male @ 08;00 , cant see that connecting flight on there ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

UK
Level Contributor
1,668 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Qatar flights in May

My worst fears confirmed.

Either fly from London or face a 9 hour stopover in Doha.

Luckily I have Marriott rewards points which will cover a stay in Doha, but either way the schedule changes are a pain.

I hope the Hilton is worth it!!!

United Kingdom
Level Contributor
1,659 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Qatar flights in May

Qatar Airways should cover stop over charges if it's a result of their change in schedule after you booked. Give them a hard time and remind them that their 'recommended hotel' in Doha is the Four Seasons.

Get answers to your questions about Rangali Island