We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Packing questions...

London
Level Contributor
61 posts
10 reviews
Save Topic
Packing questions...

What plug adaptors do you need in the Maldives?

Do you need malaria tablets?

Are beach towels provided for you?

What toiletries are in the rooms?

Do they have hair dryers in the rooms - and ladies are they any good?!

Are Iron's available?

Hmmmmmm I think that is it for now! Going in two weeks and need to start getting sorted but we are stopping in Dubii first for 5 days and I have a feeling we might buy a few bits there so want to try and pack only the essentials (Although me and packing only the essentials do not go in the same sentence!!) I also have to educate myself that I will not need a million pairs of shoes for the beach!!

As well as all the above help can you let me know the essentials to take as in what is not out there and what NOT to take!

Thanks for your help

Folkestone, United...
Destination Expert
for Southern Ari Atoll, Maldives
Level Contributor
2,877 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Packing questions...

Hi Sares

Don't need plug adaptors English type 3 pin . Not a Malaria country don't need tablets,Beach Towels provided,Toiletries in rooms.Can't answer the how good the hair driers are but since it's Hilton I would guess OK.Probably got irons but you can get one by asking and have a good laundry service. You will not need a million pair of shoes full stop you won't wear them.This is a 5 star resort there's little or nothing they can't supply if you ask for it

Regards

Doug

Stourbridge, United...
Level Contributor
2,103 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Packing questions...

Hi

If you have a favourite snack like chocolate or savoury they are very expensive there so i always take my own as i like a particular brand.

regards susie

Liverpool GB.
Level Contributor
7,430 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Packing questions...

less is more as in half the stuff you will take or think you will wear----YOU WONT.

Rumps

Dallas, Texas
Level Contributor
35 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Packing questions...

The only shoes that you need are flip flops - and you don't even really need those as the Conrad provides them. You really won't wear any other shoes and probably won't want to walk around in them since it's sandy everywhere. I brought shoes just to wear to tne wine cellar, but they provided slippers, so you don't even need them there.

Lone Tree, Colorado
Level Contributor
16 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Packing questions...

Hair Dryers are fine. They will bring an iron/board to your room in 2 minutes. They have great products for shampoo, conditioner, lotion, and bath gel. No need to bring that. I think everyone else got the rest.

I would only take a few cute dresses for the evening, but no shoes except flip flops. I brought kitten heels and never wore them once. I also brought one light cardigan. Cover ups and swimsuits are all you need plus maybe one other day outfit in case you go to the ithaa cocktail people wore shorts or skirts to that.

Hertford, United...
Level Contributor
241 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Packing questions...

I'm a huge chocolate fan but it wont last 10 seconds out there. Save that one for your return as you wont be left wanting.

Roger

7. Re: Packing questions...

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12 October 2009, 04:19
Get answers to your questions about Rangali Island