We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Conrad premier water villas for weak/non-swimmers

Singapore, Singapore
Level Contributor
2 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
Conrad premier water villas for weak/non-swimmers

Is it safe to snorkel off the deck from Conrad's premier water villas if you are a weak/non swimmer? Are the currents there strong?

United Kingdom
Level Contributor
1,659 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Conrad premier water villas for weak/non-swimmers

There's not usually much of a current there - although you should always check first - and the water is shallow (around knee height to shoulder height depending on the tide).

If you can't swim at all, please don't go in the ocean. If you're a weak swimmer then please get a life jacket from the watersports team first. It'll give a bit more buoyancy.

And of course, please never touch or stand on any coral you see.

Singapore, Singapore
Level Contributor
2 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Conrad premier water villas for weak/non-swimmers

Thanks !! One more question: is there any privacy between the two premier water villas? From the artist impression pictures, it seems that there is no privacy screens between the two villas? Are there any videos showing the new premier villas?

United Kingdom
Level Contributor
1,659 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Conrad premier water villas for weak/non-swimmers

Yes, there are privacy screens between the two villas. We don't have a video of it, but we will soon have 360-degree photography. We just took the pictures this week and hope to get the photos back from the photographer in about a month's time.

Please note: I work for Conrad Maldives.

Abu Dhabi, United...
Level Contributor
29 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Conrad premier water villas for weak/non-swimmers

I will be staying in a premier ater villa and I would like to know how deep is the water in front of the villa? can i snorkel there?

London, United...
Level Contributor
691 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Conrad premier water villas for weak/non-swimmers

That particular area is quite shallow and sandy. As kanthony described above, it is knee to shoulder height depending on tide. There is no reef near this island, but you can definitely snorkel that area since there are little coral outcrops scattered throughout. For a far superior experience, you will have to walk over to the main island and snorkel the house reef.

Sheffield, United...
Level Contributor
5 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Conrad premier water villas for weak/non-swimmers

Dear KAnthony,

Do you know when the 360 photography for the Premium Water Villas will be available? I've just booked one for later this year and I'd love to have a look!

London
Level Contributor
75 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Conrad premier water villas for weak/non-swimmers

Hopefully the below Video Walkthrough of the Conrad Premier Water Villa can help:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LkqQpiA6WsM

All the best.

Simply Maldives

Sheffield, United...
Level Contributor
5 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Conrad premier water villas for weak/non-swimmers

Thanks SimplyMaldives. I've already looked at your video and it's really helpful. You don't have anymore footage do you which shows it in a bit more detail?

London
Level Contributor
75 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: Conrad premier water villas for weak/non-swimmers

When we were there, those room video walkthrough's were the only one's.

All the best.

Simply Maldives

United Kingdom
Level Contributor
1,659 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Conrad premier water villas for weak/non-swimmers

We've got the initial shots back today. Now they need to be loaded and technical stuff done to them so that they run. I'd guesstimate they'll be ready in about a week or two, depending how busy the photographer is.

Get answers to your questions about Rangali Island