We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Conrad Rangali Closed for Renovations May-August 2014

Hoboken, New Jersey
Level Contributor
25 posts
Save Topic
Conrad Rangali Closed for Renovations May-August 2014

I had high hopes (VERY) to visit this place for our honeymoon. However, there is an announcement on Purely Maldives site stating it will be closed May - August of 2014. We are planning a trip to the Maldives for June 2014. Does anyone have any other recommendations? We are looking for a larger resort so we have options in case it does rain. I really liked the shark study program they had. Pretty disappointed but I know it is a business so they need to do what is best for the resort. We would like to split time between a pool and the beach as well as some snorkeling, spa, and other activities.

United Kingdom
Level Contributor
1,659 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Conrad Rangali Closed for Renovations May-August 2014

Hi there, I work for Conrad Maldives and would like to clarify that we're NOT closed for renovations. We're closing 14 May to 15 August 2014 in order to move infrastructure such as the power generators, water plant and so on to our new staff island. Because this means we'll be without power, water and so on, we're closing the resort.

I'm sure we'll take the chance to do some maintenance and updates but there's no renovation work, no building works and there'll be no big changes to the resort when we re-open. If you're thinking that three months is a long time to move heavy machinery around, you're right. We're fairly sure that we'll be finished by mid-July (which is still too late for your honeymoon, I'm sorry) but as we're doing this during the monsoon season and Ramadan we've added an extra month just in case.

I'm really sorry that you won't be able to honeymoon with us. Perhaps an anniversary trip in the future?

Madrid, Spain
Destination Expert
for Maldives
Level Contributor
4,059 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Conrad Rangali Closed for Renovations May-August 2014

To recommend other resorts you need to say budget, number of nights and meal plan you want, also if you want a house reef...

Singapore, Singapore
Level Contributor
157 posts
177 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Conrad Rangali Closed for Renovations May-August 2014

Hi,

You mention interest in the shark study program, so I assume you have an interest in conservation/nature? If so, Banyan Tree Vabbinfaru has a marine lab, you can check out their website for more details. If Banyan Tree is out of your budget, Angsana Ihuru is a sister resort with boats going to Banyan Tree.

Hoboken, New Jersey
Level Contributor
25 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Conrad Rangali Closed for Renovations May-August 2014

I am quite sorry too I will not be visiting for our honeymoon! Thank you for clarifying the changes at the resort. I apologize if I worded the topic incorrectly. I am hopeful we find a place just as great!

Hoboken, New Jersey
Level Contributor
25 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Conrad Rangali Closed for Renovations May-August 2014

We are looking at a 7 night stay coming in from Italy where we are going for the first leg of our trip. Budget is about $2500 per person for half-board. Yes, we would like a reef location.

I will check out Banyan Tree! Thank you!!!

Hoboken, New Jersey
Level Contributor
25 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Conrad Rangali Closed for Renovations May-August 2014

Also, can anyone please clarify full board vs half-board? Does this include wine / drinks? What about any special dinners (e.g. beach dining)?

Northern Ireland...
Level Contributor
9,124 posts
287 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Conrad Rangali Closed for Renovations May-August 2014

FB = Breakfast, lunch and dinner

Hb = Breakfast and dinner

Nearly all islands these plans do not include any drinks or water (other than maybe a bottle or two in the villa each day). There are a couple of anomalies such as Robinson Club FB which allows you drinks with meals and Angaga HB plus which is basically AI without lunch (I think !). Special dinners are nearly all at a charge (some islands such as Park Hyatt have this included in their AI plan as are all drinks by the bottle)

suffolk
Level Contributor
3,630 posts
94 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Conrad Rangali Closed for Renovations May-August 2014

Errrrrr, hang on a minute guys.

$5000 for 7 nights HB is NOT going to get Conrad or Banyan Tree.

Not sure if that budget includes flights into Male or transfers but some thinking needs to be done here.

John

Lincolnshire...
Destination Expert
for Maldives
Level Contributor
7,777 posts
258 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Conrad Rangali Closed for Renovations May-August 2014

I too checked the prices for Conrad....but thought I was missing something.

10. Re: Conrad Rangali Closed for Renovations May-August 2014

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post has been removed at the author's request. The author may post again if desired.

Posts on the TripAdvisor forums may be edited for a short period of time. Once the edit period has expired, authors may update their posts by removing and reposting them.

To read more about editing your posts, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/help/how_to_edit_your_posts

Removed on: 14 August 2013, 06:29
Get answers to your questions about Rangali Island