We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Island Closure - May 2014 / Aug 2014

Surrey
Level Contributor
158 posts
29 reviews
Save Topic
Island Closure - May 2014 / Aug 2014

I was planning a trip to the Conrad next April (Easter) and have discovered the island is closing for construction work just after we would leave. I'm concerned work will start while I’m there or the resort will be winding down ready for the works – whats the forums view? Thanks

Madrid, Spain
Destination Expert
for Maldives
Level Contributor
4,067 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Island Closure - May 2014 / Aug 2014

There are several threads about this subject. They close in may, you won't see anything in april

uk
Level Contributor
851 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Island Closure - May 2014 / Aug 2014

The reason why they are closing the resort is actually to minimize disturbance and inconvenience to the guests. To be honest they could actually keep Rangali Island open as the construction work is almost complete (they are re housing all the staff area and back of house facilities to a third island). I was there last month and most of the construction work is almost done on the third island and even if they kept Rangali island open there wouldn't be any disturbance for guests, but because they will need to move the main generator to the new island, it means that they will have to run the power off the back up generator for this short period and they do not want this to be an inconvenience to guests as it may result in power cuts.

I think this shows how professional and responsible Conrad is as they obviously put the needs of the valued guests firsts. It definitely is one of my favourite resorts in the Maldives.

You won't be affected at all DJM40 and I'm sure you will just love the resort!

United Kingdom
Level Contributor
1,659 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Island Closure - May 2014 / Aug 2014

Hi DJM40

I work for Conrad Maldives. What we're doing is moving infrastructure from the main island to another island about 1km from the resort. This includes moving the power generator, water plant, staff accommodation and other support services. This is why we're closing the resort to make sure there's no interruption in guest services.

We won't be moving anything until 15th May so you won't be affected.

Surrey
Level Contributor
158 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Island Closure - May 2014 / Aug 2014

Thanks for the updates - its good to check.

5. Re: Island Closure - May 2014 / Aug 2014

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 29 January 2015, 14:15
Get answers to your questions about Rangali Island