We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

3 adults (family with 17yr old) Single rooms, Which Island.

cambridge
Level Contributor
11 posts
1 review
Save Topic
3 adults (family with 17yr old) Single rooms, Which Island.

We have been to Maldives four times. We are trying to book for next year but finding it difficult to find tour operators who book single rooms. We have looked at Hayes and Jarvis and Kuoni. Maybe there are some islands that would have large family rooms does anybody know of any . We are interested in Coco Palm Dhuni Kolhu but do not know if beach villa is large enough for all three of us. Any help or ideas would be great.

Sea Explorer
Scuba & Snorkeling
Soleni Dive Centre
Boat Tours, Boat Hire, Scuba & Snorkeling, Shark Diving
Stourbridge, United...
Level Contributor
2,103 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: 3 adults (family with 17yr old) Single rooms, Which Island.

Hi

I know that Fihalhoi comfort rooms are big enough for three as our 25year old son came with us last year and stayed in the same bungalow with us, but this is only a 3 star budget island so im guessing you are looking for 4 star plus, havng said that it was a great litlle island we are booking our 4th visit now

regards susie

PS remember you dont spend that much time in the rooms anyway so if they are a bit small does it really matter? just a thought :-)

East Neuk of Fife...
Destination Expert
for St Andrews
Level Contributor
9,969 posts
171 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: 3 adults (family with 17yr old) Single rooms, Which Island.

I have just returned from Reethi Beach as a single traveller. I paid a single supplement for one week only - it was £182. The other week was a special offer of no single supplement. I got a double room with a HUGE bed so it was well worth the money. I booked through Kuoni.

Hampshire, UK
Level Contributor
187 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: 3 adults (family with 17yr old) Single rooms, Which Island.

We booked with Kuoni this year and stayed at Coco Palm at start of July. Kuoni were doing a deal at certain times of the year when there was no single room surcharge for our son in his own villa. I think you might find the room on the small side to have your teenager sharing - the sofa bed was quite small.

France
Level Contributor
455 posts
118 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: 3 adults (family with 17yr old) Single rooms, Which Island.

Hi there

Often you can get deals at Reethi beach for single rooms...but it has become very popular so I think this may become more dificult.

Bandos island have some duplex rooms called deluxe jaccuzzi rooms. They have a double bed and bathroom I think upstairs ..this would be perfect.

It is a bigger island but there is loads going on for a single 25 YR old.

we've not tryed it yet but we have a similar situation with taking four children.

We like our own room and all four children in the other and our eldest is 19 now 3 girls and a boy...so looking for the same space as yourselves.

Good luck

5. Re: 3 adults (family with 17yr old) Single rooms, Which Island.

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 01 October 2009, 16:16
Get answers to your questions about Baa Atoll
Recent Conversations