We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Standard room numbers - To request or not to request? Help!

Cheshire, UK
Level Contributor
188 posts
6 reviews
Save Topic
Standard room numbers - To request or not to request? Help!

Im off to RB 14 weeks today (First time to Maldives)

and have booked a standard beach villa.

To those that have been to reethi do you think it is worth asking for a particular room number?

If so, in your opinion would it be better to request a detached standard villa with a good stretch of beach infront or would i be better requesting one of the upgraded rooms that aren't on the beach but are much nicer inside and just get our sunloungers put in a decent place?

I know we wont be disappointed with whatever we get but if possible i'd just like to make this trip as perfect as if can be...and having never been on this type of holiday i'm not sure whether room location/decor is important? (lets face it most of the time will be spent outside or in the bar sampling the cocktails - unless it's raining of course in which case most of the time will just be spent in the bar smapling the cocktails)

Thanks

Divide, Colorado
Destination Expert
for Maldives
Level Contributor
14,491 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Standard room numbers - To request or not to request? Help!

it is not typically possible to request a particular room number. at very best you can ask for a largish group of numbers. being that you have not been there before and are already torn which you prefer, i would suggest to see what you are allocated and if necessary ask for a change once you know where you would actually like to change to. in the off season , i doubt the resort is completely full and requesting a different location should be possible within at most a day or two.

Cleckheaton, United...
Level Contributor
297 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Standard room numbers - To request or not to request? Help!

would agree with Spammie, we stayed in 158 last month and thought it was lovely. Shaded area directly in front but lovely amount of beach if you wanted it. There weren't many villas we wouldn't have been happy with.

Newport
9 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Standard room numbers - To request or not to request? Help!

we've just got back from room 170 - quiet with good beach and shade with a unobstructed sea view.

However it's fair to say that while all the rooms have plus and minus points, there's no such thing as a bad room on Reethi!

If you don't like, ask to change, they will bend over backwards to help...

bath england
Level Contributor
622 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Standard room numbers - To request or not to request? Help!

hi fiona if you want to ask for detached ask for single unit rather than double. the double are further way from restaurant and main bar but as been said before don't get to set on where you want moving is no problem.

Brighton, United...
Level Contributor
2,100 posts
58 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Standard room numbers - To request or not to request? Help!

I too have stayed in 170!!

Agree that chances are you wont get the room you want, I ended up in the upgraded std's for the first 2 nights of my last trip and asked to be moved to 160 ended up in 170. You only need the room to sleep in - not have fancy lounges/tvs & stereo - the best std room numbers IMO are from 145-160 near enough to the two beach bars with a good sized beach in front of the rooms - anything after 166 is semi detached and the beach at full moon/new moon totally disappears with maybe 3-4 metres of beach at low tide at other times.

Hope this helps.

Regards

Emu

Pm me if you want more info as I only dip in and out of the forum 2-3 times a week these days.

Cheshire, UK
Level Contributor
188 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Standard room numbers - To request or not to request? Help!

Thanks for your help!

I emailed to say would there be any possibility of us having a detached villa that has a good stretch of beach infront of it (ideally around the numbers 130 to 160 for example)

Got an email back to say that (understandably) they are almost fully booked so can't guarantee anything etc..which is fine. I'm sure whatever we get will be ok!

Boston UK
Level Contributor
1,050 posts
63 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Standard room numbers - To request or not to request? Help!

Best advice - start saving, you're gonna want to go back. Also, take half your stuff out the suitcase and leave it behind, you won't need it. Otherwise, don't worry about anything at all, you're gonna LURV this place! :-)

Cheshire, UK
Level Contributor
188 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Standard room numbers - To request or not to request? Help!

Hi Bonters

Yes I've heard the myth of not taking much...hmm I will have to be very strict with myself and only take 4 pairs of shoes. Just kidding i'm only taking flip flops and they will be only used to walk to the spa (and on the beach at nightime incase i tread on a crab!)

We can't wait we've always wanted to visit the Maldives! Hopefully I have persuaded hubby to have the adam and eve package at the spa...although i suspect i may have to get him to have a few cocktails first - and i haven't even told him about the paper knickers!

9. Re: Standard room numbers - To request or not to request? Help!

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 30 December 2009, 05:16
Get answers to your questions about Baa Atoll
Recent Conversations