We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Im getting worried about the weather

Which Baa Atoll hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
england
Level Contributor
188 posts
Save Topic
Im getting worried about the weather

We are off to Reethi on 20th Jan and really worried about how the weathers gonna be, we have saved up for 2 years for this holiday and shall be gutted if we have rain like some of the other posters. We chose Jan cos we thought is was quite a good time to go.

Stourbridge, United...
Destination Expert
for Maldives
Level Contributor
2,057 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Im getting worried about the weather

It is a good time to go usually but the weather all over the world is changing so it is all in the lap of the gods, it's no good worrying about it as there is nothing you can do about it, i assume your not going to change destinations because you are worried so looking forward to your holiday is all part of the fun "Today is the tomorrow you worried about yesterday" get my drift :-) enjoy

regards susie

uk
Level Contributor
851 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Im getting worried about the weather

Hi Englandfan

The weather seems to be settling. It stayed clear on New Years Eve and I was able to see the new year in on Kurumba which I have to say was excellent. They really know how to lay on a party. It didn't rain yesterday and as I sit here typing this the sky is blue and the sun is shining!

Divide, Colorado
Destination Expert
for Maldives
Level Contributor
14,023 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Im getting worried about the weather

like already said .. it should settle down to dry season routine from here on

London
Level Contributor
1,773 posts
67 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Im getting worried about the weather

Reasons not to worry...

1. Dry season - As spammie sys, you have chosen about the driest time of the year. You should be fine.

2. Okay anyway - We went in November and got hit with unpecedented numbers of rain showers and we were surprised how little it hurt our enjoyment. The air and rain was warm so we were comfortable and still walked around in bare feet and swim suits. We could sit and read, we could swim, we could drink Pina Coladas, etc.

3. Ocean fun - A lot of the time we snorkeled and dived. The rain doesn't affect those at all (well, clouds reduce the light in the water for snorkeling a bit). If you have never dived and you get a touch of precipitation, consider using it as an excuse to try out this great experience.

Bruce

www.maldivescomplete.com

Herts UK
Level Contributor
61 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Im getting worried about the weather

Think of it as Liquid Sunshine. Still going to be a whole lot better than here. You will have a great time whatever the weather.

We go a few weeks after you get back so looking forward to your up to the minute review.

england
Level Contributor
188 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Im getting worried about the weather

Thanks Guys, fingers crossed x,

Worcester UK
Level Contributor
437 posts
1 review
Save Reply
7. Re: Im getting worried about the weather

We had 2 days of constant rain in our 2 weeks hols in Dec to Angaga but were still able to enjoy the cocktails, read sitting outside under the verandah in our swimsuits and the snorkeling on these 2 days was some of the best as we saw loads of much larger fish that seemed to have come into the reef in the wet weather. They weren't there when it was really millpond calm . Went to reethi last Jan 9 about the 23rd) for 2 weeks ands had wall to wall sunshine. so don't worry and enjoy

Herts UK
Level Contributor
61 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Im getting worried about the weather

Hi Mrs. Baggie, We have conversed on TA before (about uni fees as I remember). How did Angaga compare with Reethi? We were in Angaga last December and had a great time so hopefully Reethi will live up to expectations.

Liverpool
Level Contributor
5,300 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Im getting worried about the weather

latest weather reports on the official site show 9hrs + sun, no rain and fine forecast for next couple of days....hopefully you'll be ok. Hope you enjoy Reethi - say hi to Lou for us :-)

Ian

lancashire
Level Contributor
756 posts
1 review
Save Reply
10. Re: Im getting worried about the weather

We have been in March and had a full week of cloud ,2008 end of Oct reethi 10 days of rain , end of Nov 09 ,1/2 day rain , end of April sun x 2 weeks.......

So who knows ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, still fantastic and warm !!!!!