We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Squash at Reethi

Newton Abbot, Devon
Level Contributor
275 posts
11 reviews
Save Topic
Squash at Reethi

I wanted to know if I will be able to get a game against any of the staff while I am on holiday. My wife does not play so need to know if its worth taking my racket/shoes with me. Many thanks Peter ,we are going out on the 12th March 2011.

suffolk
Level Contributor
3,659 posts
97 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Squash at Reethi

Peter hi....no squash at Reethi...can't imagine there is any plans for a court but you have a while to find out. We are there in Nov.so can ask for you.

I think Chaaya Ellaidhoo has one but thats no good if you've booked Reethi and I'd rather have Reethi without the squash!

John

Liverpool
Level Contributor
5,300 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Squash at Reethi

Hi

John, I'm sure we saw a squash court when we had a tour of the gym?

A tour (and a quick one at that) was as close as we got mind - so I could have been hallucinating!

DevonLad

If there is one, I'm sure you'll have no problem finding a willing member of staff to give you a game....

Ian

Edited: 07 September 2010, 19:24
sg2
Brighton, United...
Destination Expert
for Marsa Alam
Level Contributor
4,139 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Squash at Reethi

The staff may have a badminton court, marked out in their quarters as its a really big sport in Sri Lanka. I;ve been on a couple of islands where that was the case.

Sun Island had a squash court but its the only one I have seen.

Sg

Liverpool
Level Contributor
5,300 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Squash at Reethi

oops ran out of edits.....

according to Reethi's website:

"Our Sports Complex provides you with everything you need even for the most complicated of workouts. Our gym has up-to-date equipment and qualified instructors.

Take part in an aerobic session with our qualified instructors. Squash, indoor badminton, table tennis, beach volleyball and tennis on our floodlit courts are other options".

so maybe I didn't imagine it!

Ian

Cambridge, United...
Level Contributor
52 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Squash at Reethi

There were definitely two squash courts there last October So unless they have been removed during the refurb it should be ok and I think the guy in charge of the sports centre is happy to play with guests. The courts weren't air conditioned though so they were exceptionally hot!

Newton Abbot, Devon
Level Contributor
275 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Squash at Reethi

Thanks for all your replies. Peter

Midlands
Level Contributor
16 posts
214 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Squash at Reethi

HI, I was at Reethi four weeks ago and there are definitely indoor squash courts.

8. Re: Squash at Reethi

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 13 March 2011, 06:16