We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

All Inclusive at Reethi Beach - worth it?

Blackwood, New...
Level Contributor
16 posts
Save Topic
All Inclusive at Reethi Beach - worth it?

I've searched the forums, read the reviews, etc and I think my fiance and I are leaning towards doing the all-inclusive meal plan for our 14 night honeymoon stay at Reethi.

We are a late 20s early 30s couple and we definitely like to drink. I could see us sitting on the beach having 3 or 4 drinks before dinner, maybe a drink or two with dinner, and then whatever we do at night.

So I think AI is the route we want to go but we're just not sure about the food...we don't want to be locked into the buffet if it is not going to be anything appetizing so if anyone could give us some reassurance that'd be nice as well. It sounds like the reviews have been positive from the buffet.

The other alternative would be to just simply do the B&B, have a large breakfast, skip lunch, and have dinner at one of the other restaurants. But I have a feeling that at $5-$10 per drink that the cost of alcohol would catch and surpass the cost of AI.

We also read on the Reethi website that the all-inclusive package offers discounted ala carte prices. Does anyone know what this discount is?

As far as rooms, we of course want to do 14 nights on the water villa but it is a little on the high side of our budget, so we were considering doing 7 nights in a standard room and 7 in the water villa. Does anyone have experience doing this? Any chance we book a standard room and get upgraded to a water villa (since it'll be our honeymoon)? I've seen on other resorts that it is sometimes cheaper to book a standard room and when you arrive ask for an upgrade to water villa and the rate is far cheaper.

This will be our first time to the Maldives and we're excited...thanks for the help and the great forum.

Sea Explorer
Scuba & Snorkeling
Soleni Dive Centre
Shark Diving, Boat Tours, Boat Hire, Scuba & Snorkeling
Boston UK
Level Contributor
1,050 posts
63 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: All Inclusive at Reethi Beach - worth it?

timdastis - based on what you say about your alcohol consumption alone, I would advise going AI. Never stayed in a water villa so cannot comment, other than to say I think for a honeymoon they are that bit more 'special' and would recommend one for at least a week. Night life is relatively low key but there will be plenty of folk in the main bar enjoying a libation and everyone's very sociable. If you are in the water villas, there is a bar up there also which stays open all evening and is a smaller, more intimate atmosphere. We like to wander up there every so often of an evening for a change. Your first time to the Maldives? Prepare yourselves for paradise, and brace yourselves for many return trips. Enjoy

Level Contributor
32 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: All Inclusive at Reethi Beach - worth it?

If its's you're first time in the Maldives and especially on your honeymoon, I would defo recommend you going AI. The last thing on your mind should be how much of a bill you are running up when you have a new wife to keep relaxed, if you know what I mean !. If you feel the buffee is going to be limited, which we feel has never been the case, after the first week then yes have a look at the AI select but this must surely work out quite expensive if you are looking for the odd meal at a different eatery. $80 dollars a night for 7 nights = $560 dollars for the two of you per week on top of AI. I think to bin your AI cost and spend another £60 a night to sit somewhere else every night for an hour or so looses the atmosphere that Reethi has in bucket loads.

Just my opinion.

Hope you have a great time which ever board basis you choose. More feed back in May when we return from Reethi again.

Regards Bluedog

13. Re: All Inclusive at Reethi Beach - worth it?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 27 January 2014, 07:16
Get answers to your questions about Baa Atoll
Recent Conversations
Still have questions?
Post your own question so other travellers can help.
Ask a question