We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Anyone's Reethi Beach Blog

Boston UK
Level Contributor
1,050 posts
63 reviews
Save Topic
Anyone's Reethi Beach Blog

As requested by a couple of fellow Tripadvisor contributors, here's the 2013 Reethi Beach Blog. Free and open to anyone, so it may go on long after such folk as myself are home and miserable again! Online BA check-in opens in just over an hour. I'm about to have something to eat, then check in, print Boarding Passes and perhaps a couple of the finest brandies before bedtime! It has just been my birthday and my family know me well, so the brandy stocks are well in credit, quality stuff too. Mrs Bonters, meanwhile, is already well and truly in the holiday spirit and is into a rather large G & T indoors, despite a decent quantity of vino at our daughter's house not long ago. I don't give her long before she's ready for bed! Happy Days. :-)

Liverpool
Level Contributor
5,300 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
61. Re: Anyone's Reethi Beach Blog

I've got pics of the beach from most parts of the island John, so will get them up on flickr or something when I get back. Useless trying to do it here with the internet connection.

Just past the noon start time for the select ai and I'm on the beer already! The dive boat's not due back for at least an hour, I may be pleasantly lubricated by the time it arrives..... Throw in a magnum and a calippo later, and I'm in profit already, lol. Still trying to decide what to get them to fill the mini bar with. Might have to consult an expert, where's Bonters when you need him??

Liverpool
Level Contributor
5,300 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
62. Re: Anyone's Reethi Beach Blog

John I'm terrible at names, but haven't seen Salim as yet, Hanifa is fine over at the sunset bar, and Anish's baby is due any time now, in fact he's just gone home to be at the birth. Babatosh is managing the Moodhu now, last time we were here he was between the Moodhu and the Grill. Joseph seems to be permanently at the grill now.

Must go, me beer's getting warm and that just won't do.......

UK
Level Contributor
990 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
63. Re: Anyone's Reethi Beach Blog

Hi all Day 3 for me - I cannot read all the posts for some reason , it may be as the wi fi is a bit patchy, or it might be the lunch time beer. I can read only 2-3 pages of this post. Not seen anyone in pink sparkly flip flops yet -I will keep on looking, however if you see a solo short, blonde woman around No 128 it might be me particularly if she appears to be eyeing up the feet of every male that passes by...

Anyway really loving it here and so glad I made this choice, the snorkelling/marine life is great and the reef is much better than I thought it would be. Day 1 I saw the/a turtle ( not sure if Ian said yes or no cos I cannot see that page ) but the icing on the cake was the Napolean which I have now seen every day. Lots of the usuals except I have not seen any sharks. Really enjoying the food -eating whatI want and drinking what I want but still nowwhere near the cost to upgrade to select so sticking to B&B. Oh and finally the weather is fab.

Hope your wedding is/was fabulous Jody.

Ok back to my iced coffee with choc ice cream .

Newcastle, United...
Level Contributor
122 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
64. Re: Anyone's Reethi Beach Blog

Them low lying branches ,,

should come with a warning !!!

I did the same on my first day !!! ( no I didn't raid the bar it was to early ) ;-))

Darryl , i bought smidge ,I read it on your thread ,good to see someone else is trying it before I go ..

I'm testing mine out in the rainy season ! Lol

Keep the blogs going

Boston UK
Level Contributor
1,050 posts
63 reviews
Save Reply
65. Re: Anyone's Reethi Beach Blog

John - re Salim, I asked and he's currently on holiday but apparently back any day now. Janicka rates a mention too, always the smiley boy and he's currently running th pool bar so we went there yesterday and had a couple with him. Reethi Select is working out quite well for us at the moment, all but the wine they supply in small bottles for the mini-bar. We've got white and to be honest it's disgusting - not just bad, but really disgusting. The sad irony being that we think the house wine by the glass is very good indeed, better than before. We had an extremely pleasant evening yesterday, having dinner in the Reethi Grill, where I took Ian's recommendation and had the ribeye steak. Let me tell you, that was the best steak in living memory. I might've had one to rival it before but I'm damned if I can remember it! Boy, was that good. buzze? Who and where are you? The party just gets bigger? 128 you say? I'll have a little look on my way back to 141 (where you're welcome any time). Ok, so now I find out that Ian and Karen have gone Reethi Select as well! OMG, it was bad enough last evening when they were still B & B, and Karen had to get up for a dive this morning. We sat and chatted to about midnight before turning in (Rémy Martin galore), so goodness knows what will happen now? Messy or what? Really good to see so many taking part in this now! And for all those back home, following our fortunes - neeeeeeeeyaaaaaaaaahhhhh! We're Reethi Select and it's hot here! Brilliant time, never enjoyed it so much. Quality company too. Right, we replenished our minibar stocks this afternoon, so you must forgive me! Ta ta for now :-)

Edited: 10 April 2013, 11:42
Baldock, United...
Level Contributor
858 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
66. Re: Anyone's Reethi Beach Blog

Bonters why don't you take a large bottle back from one of the restaurants for your room. Sometimes we would just collect whatever we wanted at the WV bar and take it back to our room. We thought the RS was great.

suffolk
Level Contributor
3,677 posts
103 reviews
Save Reply
67. Re: Anyone's Reethi Beach Blog

Would he be allowed to take a whole bottle of Remy on Select? I may need a re-think if that's the case!!

Thanks Bonters for the news on Salim. And yes, Janaka is good to, but watch out for Vineeth.....far too shifty for my liking!

John

Northern Ireland...
Level Contributor
9,124 posts
286 reviews
Save Reply
68. Re: Anyone's Reethi Beach Blog

I hope you lot are counting your units of alcohol ?. It's 28 a week (21 for the sheilas ), not per day BTW.

London, United...
Level Contributor
27,178 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
69. Re: Anyone's Reethi Beach Blog

Absolutely, I'm starting to get worried for their health:))

Kent, England
Level Contributor
4,471 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
70. Re: Anyone's Reethi Beach Blog

I'm waiting for my seaplane with a ring on my finger and a smile on my face, see you soon!

Get answers to your questions about Baa Atoll