Very very nearly booking gorgeous Reethi... I just wanted to ask a couple of questions from you guys before taking the plunge. Mostly these are about shade and breeze (I don't like getting over-hot) and room facilities.
1. Do you get any free bottled water in your (Reethi) villa or do you have to buy it? How much is a big bottle? Can you get it anywhere else (e.g. - the gym?)
2. Do all the allocated beach loungers come with a parasol? I've read somewhere that the Reethi villa ones don't, and I think we'll need one.
3. I know the beach villas don't have tea/coffee making facilities. I'm a tea addict... can you request a kettle and teabags, milk etc or do beach villa people have to go to a bar for their fix? I can't get out of bed before my first cuppa! If so, we may have to take a travel kettle, tea bags and Marvel milk... it's not exactly luxury though!
4. Are there shady areas to sit in the bars/restaurants? Last time we went to the Maldives we were grateful for shady areas in the hot sun and I'm not sure how pleasant breakfast and lunch will be without shade.
5. I realise weather predictions are pretty unreliable... but is it likely to be breezy at the start of May (May 1st) and is there a prevailing wind direction? I'm wondering if we'll want some breeze.
6. Do they fumigate for mosquitoes? If not... are we likely to get bitten?
Thank you! It's probably nit-picking... but it would be useful to know.