We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Reethi beach scuba diving question ...

11 posts
Save Topic
Reethi beach scuba diving question ...

off to Reethi Beach for a week on Sunday and I cannot wait - can anyone tell me can I be taught how to scuba dive and go on a couple of dives without having to book on a course ?? Also do you all think it is worth upgrading from a beach villa to a DeLux villa or shall I just stick with what ive booked ??

thanks for any answers

julie

Sea Explorer
Scuba & Snorkeling
Soleni Dive Centre
Shark Diving, Boat Tours, Boat Hire, Scuba & Snorkeling
Kent, England
Level Contributor
4,473 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Reethi beach scuba diving question ...

To me deluxe aren't worth the extra, they charge more to upgrade on the island than if you'd booked in advance. Personally I'd stick with standard and do extra trips as there are lots available.

If you have never dived before then you can do a trial dive in a few feet of water but you cant just go diving unless you are being tutored for a qualification, diving when not done properly has many risks.

Biggin Hill
Level Contributor
637 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Reethi beach scuba diving question ...

You can do the discover scuba diving course (DSD) which will take a couple of hours. You can then dive with either a divemaster or instructor while at Reethi. Depending on how many dives you wanted to do it may be better to do the full course (more cost effective) but if you only want to do a couple of dives then doing the DSD is the way to go.

Enjoy

11 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Reethi beach scuba diving question ...

Thanks for your replies the diving is a real tricky one cause I want to do the course but don't want to spend half my week doing it and missing out on what else reethi beach has to offer !!!

Kent, England
Level Contributor
4,473 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Reethi beach scuba diving question ...

If you are only going for a week then you could do the DSD as alliefat suggested (I don't think that was an option when I learnt to dive so I am not familiar with what skills you have to do etc) or you could stick to snorkeling and learn to dive next time you go.

There is lots to see on the house reef and the dive centre offer 3 snorkeling excursions so you will have plenty to do. I have been to Reethi twice and although I dive, I've only done two dives there and never felt like I was missing out.

5. Re: Reethi beach scuba diving question ...

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 03 January 2015, 05:19
Get answers to your questions about Baa Atoll
Recent Conversations