We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

transfers at vilu reef

Herts
6 posts
Save Topic
transfers at vilu reef

Hi

This is probably a strange question but at vilu reef when you get off of the sea plane do you get straight onto the jetty?? Or do you have to get onto a boat?? If it is the boat where do you get off of it?? I ave flying and boats not sure if i'm brave enough!!!

Thanks in advance

Stourbridge, United...
Destination Expert
for Maldives
Level Contributor
2,084 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: transfers at vilu reef

Hi welcome to the forum, not to sure about vilu reef but most seaplanes you get off onto a platform by the jetty or onto a platform 100 yards or so from the jetty then get into a boat for a very short distance and then onto the jetty, it's all ver easy i have done both ways and there really isn't a problem there is always someone there to hold onto if you feel unsteady. the seaplane journey itself is breath taking, don't forget to take your camera with you as all luggage including hand luggage goes at the back of the plane

regards susie

Cotswolds, United...
Destination Expert
for Maldives, North Male Atoll, Southern Ari Atoll, Lhaviyani Atoll
Level Contributor
4,660 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: transfers at vilu reef

Have been to Vilu Reef .. can confirm you land right beside a little square floating platform in the ocean, walk down the seaplane steps straight onto the platform and then get on the resort's dhoni (boat) for the 20 mins trip to Vilu Reef which will take you to the resort's jetty. Depends on how high

the tide is, you just get off the boat direct to the jetty or if it is low tide, at the steps. The boat crew are very good and will give you a helping hand getting off and on. They also take care of your luggage at all times and you would not be carrying it off or on the seaplane or boat.

..... has this made you feel better or worse?!

..............activegirl

Warwickshire
7 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: transfers at vilu reef

hi,

We went to Vilu reef last Oct and the description active girl gives is spot on.

if it's any help I was really nervous when I found out about the jetty bit, but it was ok. there is a bar in the middle of the jetty to hold onto if its a little choppy and its big enough to easily accommodate a full seaplane of people getting onto it, i was imagining a tiny little thing.

the staff are really helpful and give your their hand to get on/off at both ends. It really wasn't as bad as I was anticipating.

hope this helps :)

Herts
6 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: transfers at vilu reef

Thanks everyone I do feel a bit better now!!!

5. Re: transfers at vilu reef

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 19 October 2009, 01:20
Get answers to your questions about Haa Dhaalu Atoll