We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Water Villas

Surrey England
Level Contributor
2 posts
29 reviews
Save Topic
Water Villas

Hi, Can anyone who has stayed in the above give a better description of them e.g.

Are all the baths Jacuzzi's

If you go AI are there drinks in the villas or, do you have to walk all the way to the bar to get one.

Can anyone reccommend the best water villa to ask for.

Any better desciption of the villas would be appreciated.

Thanks

Dave

Cotswolds, United...
Destination Expert
for Maldives, North Male Atoll, Southern Ari Atoll, Lhaviyani Atoll
Level Contributor
4,626 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Water Villas

Which island are we talking about?

.......... activegirl

Surrey England
Level Contributor
2 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Water Villas

Sorry, Mesahe Re Water Villas was concerning Filitheyo.

Thanks

DT

Folkestone, United...
Level Contributor
47 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Water Villas

Hi Dave,

We stayed in a water bungalow on Filitheyo recently & can confirm that they all have a jacuzzi bath. We didn't think they were anything to get over-excited about, though. Quite small & (in my wife's words) not very comfortable. Don't let this put you off the water bungalows however, they are great in every other respect .......except the fact that they are a wee bit close together.

I have some internal & external photographs. If you let me know your e-mail address, I'd be happy to send you some.

From a privacy point of view, the end bungalows are best as you only have one neighbour. These are room numbers 23 & 38.

Going into the sea from the bungalow steps (we were in room No.36) will require reef shoes. The lagoon does not have too much sand & the water (especially at low tide) is too shallow to swim in comfortably without scraping yourself on the coral. That said, I think some of water bungalows in the middle of the row of 16 had more sand.

The only drinks in the water bungalows (except those you take back & put in the fridge yourself) will be from the minibar.

Example: $7.00 for a bottle of Corona & $10.00 for a short & mixer.

The sunset bar is at the end of the jetty to the water bungalows. 100 yards max....so not a problem.

AI is definitely the way to go if you enjoy a drink, btw.

Any other questions......fire away. The more specific you are the easier it will be to answer.

We had a great time & are sure you will too. The snorkelling on the reef is amazing!!!

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Alan.

England
Level Contributor
32 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Water Villas

Hi Dutchuncle.

Could we please have a look at your water villa pictures?

We shall be visiting the island in early April and are getting very excited. Have recently read a few negative posts regarding the water villas though so are staring to feel a little apprehensive.

Thanks. kangus16@hotmail.com

edinburgh
2 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Water Villas

Hey Im also going to be staying in a watervilla and would be grateful for some pictures darren.smith11@sky.com.

Thanks

Dos cerveza, por...
Level Contributor
3,883 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Water Villas

Better to click on their user name & click "send message". Dutchuncle hasn't posted in nearly a year but has logged on so if you PM them, they will notice it as soon as they log on as opposed to hoping they see this post.........

Folkestone, United...
Level Contributor
47 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Water Villas

Good advice Rex-Diver. If we get a PM we are also notified by email. Would never know otherwise.

I'll get some pictures off to you, Darren.

England
Level Contributor
32 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Water Villas

Hi,

We've just returned after a 12 night stay in the water villas. Will email you a couple of pictures later in the week when we get round to sorting things out if that's any good.

When are you off?

9. Re: Water Villas

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 25 September 2009, 07:19
Get answers to your questions about Faafu Atoll