We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Weather in Maldives in September

from Scotland
Level Contributor
6 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
Weather in Maldives in September

Could someone please tell me what the weather in the Maldives is like in September (FIRST TWO WEEKS) We are going to the Filetheyo resort, have been there twice before but both times in June, we are a bit worried that it will be the rainy season in September

Oxford, United...
Level Contributor
9,417 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Weather in Maldives in September

Hi Edith

The weather in the Maldives occupies many postings in these forums! In September, you are in the rainy season so it will proably rain at some time. The rain will be heavy, probably short lived but could equally last for a whole day. It will still be warm! Having said this, my daughter went to the Maldives last September and had zero rain. The Maldives meteorology department has its own website, which provides a lot of detail:

www.meteorology.gov.mv

from Scotland
Level Contributor
6 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Weather in Maldives in September

HI, Thanks for getting back to me so quickly, will have to tell the travel agent on Monday if we want to book for September!

Will probably go! Here's hoping the sun shines and there is not toooooo much rain, We get enough rain in Scotland to last us all year!

Brighton, United...
Level Contributor
2,100 posts
56 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Weather in Maldives in September

Edith,

it was the rainy season when you went in June ;-)

southwest monsoon arrives around May (1st-17th) then lasts til November sometimes affecting December.

its all about luck at this time of year, are you prepared to gamble? I was until one year it rained solid for 7 days then 3 days of cloud, while this dies not usually happen, it is not unheard of.

Regards

Emu

from Scotland
Level Contributor
6 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Weather in Maldives in September

Hi, thank you for your reply, yes, i think you are right it's all about luck, especially when we are talking about weather!

from Scotland
Level Contributor
6 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Weather in Maldives in September

Well, just back on September 14th, the weather was great, a few showers but overall sunshine every day!

There was a nice breeze at the pool area so we tended to go there. Came home with lovely suntans so not compaining!!!

Maldives
Level Contributor
28 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Weather in Maldives in September

weather in September is nice, most of the time we have sun here, sometime u might get shower, its only 15 to 20 minute, but very quick u get sun here, i live here in Maldives,

7. Re: Weather in Maldives in September

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 29 September 2009, 10:19
Get answers to your questions about Faafu Atoll