We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Filitheyo or return to Reethi Beach?

England
Level Contributor
315 posts
15 reviews
Save Topic
Filitheyo or return to Reethi Beach?

Hi there,

We love Reethi but Filitheyo has been on our island to do list for several years. Have had a good price on AI for Fili but I am wondering if Fili compares with regards to snorkelling, quality of accommodation (tired?) etc...

Love to hear your opinions..... :)

9 replies to this topic
England, United...
Destination Expert
for Maldives
Level Contributor
8,282 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Filitheyo or return to Reethi Beach?

Try something new ;-)

According to one of our DEs Shawnwithcat the snorkeling is good at Fil ;-) its an island that I will definitely visit at some point .

Darryl

Brighton, United...
Level Contributor
948 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Filitheyo or return to Reethi Beach?

I agree with Darryl, try something new. We went to Komandoo 5 times because we loved it and were afraid we would be wasting our money trying new islands which weren't as good.

All I can say is do your research and you shouldn't be disappointed......we haven't looked back since trying other islands and have actually preferred them all in comparison to our once beloved Komandoo....so be brave and try somewhere new!

Good luck, Babs.

England
Level Contributor
315 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Filitheyo or return to Reethi Beach?

Thankyou! 😃 Filitheyo is booked and we go in 2 weeks. Can't wait now and yes I agree it's always nice to explore a new reef. Exciting!!

Babs, the first time we went to komandoo a few years ago, we weren't wowed by it at all but we went back last year and absolutely loved it! I shed lots of tears when we left! On the other hand we always loved Vilamendhoo 'back in the day' and decided to go for a 4th visit and have a look post refurbishment earlier this year. We had a fab holiday there but the island has changed beyond recognition and just wasn't our cup of tea. House reef still fab tho. I think all islands offer something special tho and of course depends on your own experiences /staff/weather/people while there. I just love the Maldives!! ❤️

Brighton, United...
Level Contributor
948 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Filitheyo or return to Reethi Beach?

Excellent! Hope you have a really great holiday.

Babs.

England
Level Contributor
315 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Filitheyo or return to Reethi Beach?

Thank you very much! :)

Loughborough...
Level Contributor
984 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Filitheyo or return to Reethi Beach?

Have a fab time Caroline and go and get plenty of R&R, look forward to your comments of the island!.

England
Level Contributor
315 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Filitheyo or return to Reethi Beach?

Thanks Suzanne - have you been to Filitheyo? xx

Loughborough...
Level Contributor
984 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Filitheyo or return to Reethi Beach?

No we haven't but I have looked at this island a few times so I will be interested to hear what you think of it! :).

Edited: 13 August 2014, 20:03
england
Level Contributor
36 posts
1 review
Save Reply
9. Re: Filitheyo or return to Reethi Beach?

I am sure you will love Fili; we have visited Reethi 3 times and Fili once. Both are fantastic but I would probably say on balance Fili has the edge in terms of accommodation, food and reef. Have a lovely holiday!

Reply to: Filitheyo or return to Reethi Beach?
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Faafu Atoll