We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

meeru over booking upgrades and offers

Which North Male Atoll hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
essex
1 post
Save Topic
meeru over booking upgrades and offers

hi,

has anyone been offered an upgrade such as 2-3 day free boat cruise or a couple of days on a different island due to over booking, if so how was it? also on return to meeru did you get original standard of accomodation

thanks for any help and advice

mandy

Cambridgeshire
Level Contributor
42 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: meeru over booking upgrades and offers

Hi

If you look at the web site meeru island resort co.uk there is a lot of infor on this.

We have been four times and each time there were free offers on these cruises. We did not take up the offer but most who didi throughly enjoyed it.

I think when you get back you may have a different toom but it should be of the type orginally booked

Pauline

Stresa, Italy
Level Contributor
1,103 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: meeru over booking upgrades and offers

Whilst I was there in November last over a 2 week period I received two offers to go on a 2/3 night cruise around the atolls. The sailing ship was beautiful and I was very tempted but didn't actually take up the offer. It was completely free of charge. I don't know if you had to leave your original room (I should imagine so - otherwise, why do they offer all of a sudden free cruises)

They also had a few offers to go to other islands for a few nights free of charge - Islands that are managed by the same group - some included the air taxi transfer too. I cannot remember the island names but they looked very nice. Lots of people signed up for these island changes - again I didn't.....

Hope this helps.

Liverpool GB.
Level Contributor
7,430 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: meeru over booking upgrades and offers

Hello Baglady.

Have just been informed that our holiday to Dhonvelli in 27 days time has been canceled due to overbooking as a result we a party of 4 have been transfered to Meeru. Does that make sence if Meeru is overbooked, i wonder what the Fish is going on. Watch this space.

Cheers

Roy

Burnley, United...
Level Contributor
289 posts
84 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: meeru over booking upgrades and offers

Rumpole, are you Roy from the kuredu website?? I was thinking for a while you are after reading the posts. We went to kuredu in feb and are due to go back in December. Keep us updated of the outcome.....

Liverpool GB.
Level Contributor
7,430 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: meeru over booking upgrades and offers

Hi Woodbine,

Yes thats me, were not going to Kuredu but will keep you updated, but what specificaly.

Liverpool GB.
Level Contributor
7,430 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: meeru over booking upgrades and offers

Hi again WOODBYWOU

jusRoyt to say sorry for getting your name wrong

7. Re: meeru over booking upgrades and offers

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 30 August 2009, 01:19