We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Helengeli or Angaga. How to book!

Wid
Wirral,England
Level Contributor
3,518 posts
16 reviews
Save Topic
Helengeli or Angaga. How to book!

Having been to the Maldives twice before we are eager to book for next March before everywhere fills up. We like small, quiet and natural islands which do not have unsightly sea walls around them and are torn between Angaga and Helengeli. I have now found several tour operators who go to Angaga but am finding difficulty with Helengeli.

Can anyone help? Also can anyone confirm that neither of these two islands have walls?

Thanks.

Wid

Europe
Destination Expert
for Maldives
Level Contributor
2,481 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Helengeli or Angaga. How to book!

I'd definately go for Angaga waterbungalows. Naturally very beautiful island.

Liverpool GB.
Level Contributor
7,430 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Helengeli or Angaga. How to book!

Hi Can book Helengeli via Meeru as is sister island and they move people over there when they are overbooked.

Cheers

Rumps.

Wid
Wirral,England
Level Contributor
3,518 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Helengeli or Angaga. How to book!

Hi Rumps (from "just across the water" I notice!)

Isn't that a bit risky? Don't want to end up on Meeru! Or am I being a dork and missing your point?

Wid

Liverpool GB.
Level Contributor
7,430 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Helengeli or Angaga. How to book!

Hi again Wid, no what i meant was contact Meeru and ask them how and or can they advise, as for part 2 , from what i can remember Helen does not have a wall, defence, you can circunmnavigate the island on the reef/ wall drop off. I can see your house from where i live, the windy city as they call it do you know where.

Need more just ask .

Cheers again.

Rumps

Wid
Wirral,England
Level Contributor
3,518 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Helengeli or Angaga. How to book!

Ta, Rumps. Never knew "the Pool" was called that. Anyway thanks for the info - I see what you mean and it's a good idea.

...and I'll keep the curtains drawn from now on.

Wid

Liverpool GB.
Level Contributor
7,430 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Helengeli or Angaga. How to book!

Hi again Wid, wrong again the pool aint the windy city but Hightown on the coast is , glad i could help , need more just ask ,

Bye for now,

Cheers

Rumps

Wid
Wirral,England
Level Contributor
3,518 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Helengeli or Angaga. How to book!

Gotcha. Been there often. Nearly as posh as West Kirby! I see it's misty out your way today.

Thanks again.

Tarrah.

Wid

8. Re: Helengeli or Angaga. How to book!

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 17 September 2009, 10:21