We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Booked Meeru, now want to change!!!! please help

Bracknell
Level Contributor
20 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
Booked Meeru, now want to change!!!! please help

Hi

Thanks for reading this, i've booked a honeymoon for me and the future wife to the Meeru in Sept 08 staying in a Water Villa, however, reading the poor reviews i'm having serious second thoughts!!!!

I thought the house free was good, but not now reading these reviews!! we would like somewhere with a great house reef, with water villa's, and a bit of evening entertainment, any ideas would be most grateful.

Many thanks

Skip

Brighton, United...
Level Contributor
2,100 posts
57 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Booked Meeru, now want to change!!!! please help

Hi Chrisg,

Depends what you are looking for, booking Meeru says you prefer a big island, if that is the case then Kuredu has a better house reef. (my guess is you have not been to the Maldives before - and for some reason so many people seem to book meeru for the first visit??).

Probably a good choice to change as this island is not typically what the Maldives is like. (not saying you would not enjoy Meeru - for anyone going soon) but...

Any island that has access to the house reef from the beach will offer better snorkeling & diving than Meeru, all islands have similar entertainment in the evening generally the bigger the island the more there is going on in the evening, but a few days in resort of any island and the last thing on your mind is having loads of entertainment believe me!!.

Just a few islands to consider are: Reethi beach, Fihalhohi or Filitheyo, (not stayed at Filitheyo) but there are some positive reviews etc on here. All three have fantastic house reefs and are in the same price region of Meeru WB's, If you want to push the boat out a bit then Mirihi is hard to beat especially for a honeymoon. Have a look on youtube for diving videos of all the Maldives islands this will give you an idea to compare house reefs!!

Wish you the best of luck finding the right island for your honeymoon, but in my opinion smaller is better.

Reagrds

Emu

Liverpool GB.
Level Contributor
7,430 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Booked Meeru, now want to change!!!! please help

Dont know the budget but more costly than Meeru , try Kandooma.

Rumps

Stourbridge, United...
Destination Expert
for Maldives
Level Contributor
2,084 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Booked Meeru, now want to change!!!! please help

Hi Skip

If you want a bigger island try sun island

regards susie

Liverpool GB.
Level Contributor
7,430 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Booked Meeru, now want to change!!!! please help

Agree with Bernese, Sun island would be a good choice.

Rumpole

Surrey, England
Level Contributor
7 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Booked Meeru, now want to change!!!! please help

Hi,Meeru is a beautiful Island with good evening entertainment.They do a boat trip that goes out to the house reef which is supposed to be very good.I am going back to Meeru in April with my family for the 3rd time.Can't Wait I Wouldn't consider another Island.This Island is very laid back and many guests return year after year.Hope this helps.One thing i would suggest as its your Honeymoon I think a jacuzzi water villa would be a better accomodation for you.Yvonne from Surrey.Hope this helps.

Liverpool GB.
Level Contributor
7,430 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Booked Meeru, now want to change!!!! please help

Supose to be good / boat trip youve been to the island have you not done the boat trip.

Surrey, England
Level Contributor
7 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Booked Meeru, now want to change!!!! please help

No didn't do the house reef boat trip but everyone we spoke to said it was brillant.

8. Re: Booked Meeru, now want to change!!!! please help

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 18 September 2009, 13:19