We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Spending money

Stockport
9 posts
Save Topic
Spending money

I am going to Chaaya dhonvelli next week, can anyone please give me an idea as to how much money I should take with me. We plan on having a relaxing holiday with a few spa treatments, a few trips a maybe a shopping day, going for 2 weeks, also are credit/meastro cards readily accepted for any of the above. Thank you

Rob

Stourbridge, United...
Level Contributor
2,103 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Spending money

Hi Rob

The easiest way is to put everything on your credit card and pay at the end of your holiday, then take US dollars for souviners and tips, remember to take low denominations in dollars for tipping, 200 dollars should be enough for that depending on how much you spend on souviners of course :-)

have a great time

regards susie

Liverpool GB.
Level Contributor
7,430 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Spending money

As berneses says , although not to sure re Maestro cards, everything is signed for and you pay at the end via Debit / credit card. I dont know where your going to go shopping, but they will let you check your account every couple of days, and if you go over 500 dollars may ask you to settle and start again.

Rumps

Stourbridge, United...
Level Contributor
2,103 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Spending money

Hi rumps

Isn't there an excursion to an inhabited island with lots of souviner shops, im sure we did that one time ????

........susie

Liverpool GB.
Level Contributor
7,430 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Spending money

Yes but how many trinkets do you buy /want-need.

Shoping for / by a woman means different things, i can never get it right,lol lol lol.

Rumps

Brighton, United...
Level Contributor
2,100 posts
58 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Spending money

Hi Rob,

As above, everything is booked to your room.

Maestro is excepted everywhere in the Maldives, as are visa/amex.

Note: some banks put a maximum single transaction of £1000 on debit cards abroad (as I found out recently) so if paying by debit/maestro make sure your bank are aware where your travelling and settle the bill on a weekly basis, that helps to know where you are re spending.

Regards

Emu

Stockport
9 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Spending money

Thanks for the replies so far, really appreciated. Just been reading on the web that dhonvelli don't allow you to take drinks back to your room?? How strictly do the enforce this?

Thanks

7. Re: Spending money

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 27 September 2009, 13:16