We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Veligandu - Info please!

Scouser in Benidorm
Level Contributor
39 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Veligandu - Info please!

Hi Everyone,

For those of you who haven't read my previous post, I have just booked my honeymoon for 29/11/09 in Veligandu with Premium Upgrade with Monarch Gatwick to Male, All Inclusive, Jacuzzi Water Bungalow.

I just wanted to know if there is anything I need to know before travelling? Any particular room number I should request? Anything that is a MUST while there?

Thanks for your help

Nicola

uae
10 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Veligandu - Info please!

Hi nicola,

Will you be staying in Anantara Veli? if so, I think there are no water bungalows that has jacuzzi! but it has a big bath tub which is overlooking the water,

all bungalow are very nice and have a direct view on the blue lagon.

Oxford, United...
Level Contributor
9,417 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Veligandu - Info please!

Hi Nicola

Sounds great! The obvious MUST is to have a fantastic time, which I'm sure you will! Another MUST is to take plenty of high factor suncream: you don't want to get sunburnt on your honeymoon! Be particularly careful while snorkelling; it is very easy to get burnt through the water. Ditto if it is cloudy!

Your transfer is by seaplane, so make sure you have your cameras with you. All luggage, including hand luggage, is put at the back of the plane, so take your camera out before hand.

If you've not been to the Maldives before, the excursion to Male is worth doing. I wouldn't call it a must, but it is nice to learn a little of the culture and see some of the capital. Another good trip is dolphin watching.

OD

lancashire
Level Contributor
756 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Veligandu - Info please!

Some good info here !!!

http://www.veliganduisland.com/

uk
Level Contributor
137 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Veligandu - Info please!

Don't even bother about taking a pair of flip flops. They give you a pair.

Am sooooo jealous, have fun.

5. Re: Veligandu - Info please!

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 22 September 2009, 01:18