We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Just home from Meeru

Wirral, United...
Level Contributor
104 posts
Save Topic
Just home from Meeru

back fron Meeru yesterday, any questions just ask

LancsUK
Level Contributor
30 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Just home from Meeru

I know its an old chestnut but we are off to maldives for first time in 4 weeks and its about...... the weather!! I keep looking at the Dept of Meteorolgy website and it looks as if the weather was pretty rough (windy and showers) but looking at reviews people seem to have escaped this? Does it vary within the maldives or was it bad?

Wirral, United...
Level Contributor
104 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Just home from Meeru

hi Nolan weather was fantastic, we went 25th May to yesterday 35 degrees and only drops a little at night. it only rained 3 times very heavy but during the night so no problem. Very hot and humid though. The north of the island is windy but its a warm wind and very welcoming in the heat. different parts of the island more sheltered. take plenty of sun tan lotion and after sun as very expensive there. also memory cards for cameras are expensive, they have an offer on them at Manchester aiport so buy an extra one there as you will use it! relax and enjoy.

Liverpool
2 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Just home from Meeru

Hi Ann,

Just wondered if they have hairdryers and irons in the room? We are in a land villa any suggestion the the area best to stay?

Thanks

manchester
Level Contributor
259 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Just home from Meeru

Hairdriers yes iron's no but you can use tha laundry. The hairdriers are not very powerful but your hair dries so quick in the heat i only used it for my fringe

manchester
Level Contributor
259 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Just home from Meeru

Hairdriers yes iron's no but you can use tha laundry. The hairdriers are not very powerful but your hair dries so quick in the heat i only used it for my fringe

Wirral, United...
Level Contributor
104 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Just home from Meeru

hairdryers yes but just like a litle travel type.all plugs are same as ours so you can take your own if you want but trust me you will give up on your hair after about 2 days due to humidity! i took a travel iron but didn't use it. if you hang stuff up in the morning for that night all creases fall out (well almost). Are you in a land Villa or Jaccuzi Land Villa? if you want to email me direct I can give you more info?

Liverpool
2 posts
1 review
Save Reply
7. Re: Just home from Meeru

Thanks for advice. We are in a land villa, I am just thinking whether or not to buy a travel iron but may just use their hairdryer. Do you have any more tips? We travel on 26th June from Manchester for two weeks can not wait.

London, United...
Level Contributor
653 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Just home from Meeru

.........trust me you dont need a hairdryer in the Maldives!

.........My daughters took Hair Straighteners BUT we gave up after a few days, it was hopeless with the humidity we just laughed and left our hair to dry normally, OTHERWISE believe me, trying to style it, it would just end up looking like an eighties huge head of hair, it was hilarious...!!

.........In the daytime it was so hot we would just tie it back, and then at night wash it and leave it, i.e. 'wash n go', everyone is the same, there is no point in gettin stressed out about ya hair, leave it natural, give it a rest from all the heat treatments!

...............we loved the Maldives!!

...................regards the DmM...x.

Southport/Liverpool
Level Contributor
4 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Just home from Meeru

Hi,

I have been looking to book a 2 week holiday to meeru next september with my boyfriend. I have looked at a few tour operators, first choice seem to be the cheapest so far at approx £1,700 each for a standard villa.

I have read negative reviews about these and would much prefer a water villa, most people tend to get these according to the reviews.

with first choice, to upgrade to a jacuzzi beach villa it costs over £500 and to upgrade to a water villa its £2000 extra for 2 weeks! which means it would cost £2,700 each!

did anyone else pay this price to stay in a watervilla and does anybody have any cheaper options?!

any recommendations of tour operators as well would be most appreciated.

many thanks

manchester
Level Contributor
259 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Just home from Meeru

Try Hayes and Jarvis - nothing showing yet for September but I am sure somethingwill pop up soon. If not try RTC travel Gordon is always happy to seeif he can beat a price.

Let me know how you get on we will be looking for September or October and if have to will move to November.