We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Can anyone who's been to Meeru Resort tell us anything?

Which North Male Atoll hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Las Vegas, Nevada
Level Contributor
7 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Can anyone who's been to Meeru Resort tell us anything?

Hello All,

My husband and I are going to vacation for one month in Meeru resort. We plan to book a Over Water Villa for one week and Water Beach Villa for 3 weeks on Full Board basis.

Can anyone who had stayed in Meeru tell us anything we should know before we go? Positive and negative about Meeru?

Appreciate it!

Jenny and Steve

manchester
Level Contributor
259 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Can anyone who's been to Meeru Resort tell us anything?

We love it and it our favorite island. When are you thinking of going? Have you thought of a 2 island stay as you are going for a month?

What do you want to know??

London, United...
Level Contributor
4,173 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Can anyone who's been to Meeru Resort tell us anything?

Afraid we feel very differently about it, but that's what makes the world go round. It is a very big island, which we now know doesn't suit us. We had a Jacuzzi Water Villa which was fabulous. Very spacious and comfortable and we loved the privacy of the huge deck. Beware, the walkway gets redhot, which is why there are water pots every few yards to bathe your feet - wear flipflops when getting from your over water villa to the beach. Also, be very careful using the steps into the lagoon - they get very slippery and Lion fish like to hide at the bottom of them! VERY pretty, but also very dangerous. The JWVs are in 2 lots - the 700s and the 400s. If you are in 700s, you'll be allocated to the Maalan restaurant which, I think, is nicer than the other one. It is adults only and no tour reps allowed! If you are in the 400s, you'll find that these are the newer rooms, but I believe they have now built or are still building more rooms along the beach near these. The north end of the island - where the 700 JWVs are is much quieter than other areas, so if you are looking for total peace and quiet I'd recommend emailing and requesting a room in this area. One word of warning - Meeru routinely overbook, and have offers of 3 day cruises etc to help cope with this. If you want to be absolutely certain of getting your room from day 1 I would advise contacting them and getting email confirmation that you will be placed in the room type you have booked. And take that email with you!! Have a great holiday - lucky you, 4 weeks in the Maldives!!

Wirral, United...
Level Contributor
104 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Can anyone who's been to Meeru Resort tell us anything?

Hi we came back from Meeru last week, the Over water villas are 700 and 300 not 400. We were in the 300which are newer and bigger than 700's (we met a couple from 700 so can confirm this) but asked to eat in the Maalan rest. as we wanted adult only and this was not a problem. its only a 10 min walk and if you want you can just call for the little golf buggy. We emailed before we went but it made no difference. we still never got the villa we wanted but it didn't spoil our holiday. while we were there they were offering 4 day breaks to other islands to resolve the over booking. This is not advertised though it is just a clipboard in the main reception. might be an option for you to break up your holiday. any other questions just email me

Cinderford, United...
Level Contributor
229 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Can anyone who's been to Meeru Resort tell us anything?

We spent two weeks in Meeru in 2008. It is quite a large island and there are buffet dining rooms at both ends with only one allowing kids (I would recommend you go for the one without kids at the opposite end to reception).

The island I believe was one of the first resort islands and I have to say it shows. The villas in most cases have been refurbished but the bar, restaurants, reception area, etc look very jaded indeed. I didn't like the large whale skeleton just outside the TV room.

We've been to the Maldives four times now (Filetheyo, Sun Island, Angaga and Meerus) and are visiting Hudhuranfushi in March 2009 and I have to say they all have good and not so good about them(there is no bad - you are in the Maldives). Meeru probably has the worst approach to any of the islands I have visited but probably some of the best rooms.

The food is good and not so repetitive as some. The beaches are good but there is little or no snorkelling off the island. The dolphin trip is fantastic and a must do. There are some nice touches like the trip to the Robinson Crusoe island and the romantic boat trip around the island but the staff are not as attentive as at some of the other islands.

All in all a reasonable price for a reasonable island and you will meet people who have been going there every year for many, many years so it must have something about it.

Have a great time...

Las Vegas, Nevada
Level Contributor
7 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: Can anyone who's been to Meeru Resort tell us anything?

Thank you so much everyone for your very helpful replies. We are currently digesting all your generous informations! And in the meantime, any more info from all of you, that you would still like to share are most welcome.

By the way, we will be going in October and November. Does anyone know how's the weather during those months? Is it rainy? I hope not!

Belfast, United...
Level Contributor
307 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Can anyone who's been to Meeru Resort tell us anything?

Hi, we went to Meeru at the end Oct/start Nov in 2007, weather was great, a couple of huge downpours that only lasted a short while and some overnight rain. Weather was absolutely fantastic couldn't have asked for better!

7. Re: Can anyone who's been to Meeru Resort tell us anything?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 19 December 2009, 07:17