We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

i've only gone & vloody done it!!!!!

birmingham
Level Contributor
584 posts
6 reviews
Save Topic
i've only gone & vloody done it!!!!!

I've only gone & booked meeru wahooooo i hope i won't be dissapointed. never been the maldives before. i'm really worried about the weather. we're going june next yr.

might see soom of you there :-)

Merseyside
Level Contributor
46 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: i've only gone & vloody done it!!!!!

You will love Meeru, despite some negative reviews on this forum. We have been to 5 islands yet we have been to Meeru 3 times and it is still our favourite island.

birmingham
Level Contributor
584 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: i've only gone & vloody done it!!!!!

thanks for the positive feed back.

i can't believe i'm acutally going. just another 10 months to get through lol.

what islands have you been? did you go AI when you went to Meeru?

I'm looking forward to sitting in the beach bar watching the sun go down with a bevarge x

birmingham
Level Contributor
584 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: i've only gone & vloody done it!!!!!

btw i must say after reading the reviews on here they seem to be pretty good but then when i started reading through the forum i started seeing negative remarks about it xx

Merseyside
Level Contributor
46 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: i've only gone & vloody done it!!!!!

We have been to Olhuvelli, Irufushi, Angaga, Vilamendhoo and of course Meeru. We were all inclusive on all the occassions on Meeru, but beware it is not like the all inclusive you get in the Carribean, e.g. mini bar not included. All the islands we have been to have been really good, but Meeru is the only island so far that we would go back to. Some reviewers on this forum say you cannot snorkel from the beach on Meeru and need to go to the house reef, this is not true as we have seen some fantastic fish whilst snorkeling, eg lionfish, giant moray eel, stingray, reef sharks, parrotfish, clown fish,unicorn fish, titan triggerfish etc. and not been on the snorkeling trip. The sunset cruise is included in the all inclusive, this takes you to see dolphins and is a must do event. The staff on Meeru are brilliant and will do anything for you. What type of villa have you booked. Cannot promise on the weather but we have been in the summer months and it was good except for some rain in the middle of the 2 weeks. I don't know anyone who has gone to the Maldives and been disappointed, sure you will love and become hooked on the Maldives.

birmingham
Level Contributor
584 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: i've only gone & vloody done it!!!!!

when you say some rain - is that much?

i expect to see the odd shower here & there & maybe a storm of a night time. it was like that in cuba & if its like that i don't mind. but if its constant rain & no sun i won't be happy.

wow you saw all those fish - was that just off the shore? i'd be scared to see all that. infact i wouldn't know what half the fish are lol.

we've booked a land villa i think. i just hope it doesn't turn out to be a standard room. in first choices brochure is lists it as a land villa & what i've booked is just a villa i think so i imagine it will be that.

i know the all inc won't be that good but compared to some of the island i was looking at this is the best i've found. i here its carlsberg or tiger beer (both are good for my bf) & rose wine is included which i couldn't believe so looking forward to that. also a lot of them you could only drink in 1 or 2 bars. this 1 i believe has 5 & you can drink in them all :-D please correct me if i'm wrong btw

i can't believe you see wild dolphins. i wish there was somehwere you could swim with them as i've always wanted to do this & i'm still waiting to.

i'm so excited.

Staffordshire...
Destination Expert
for Staffordshire
Level Contributor
17,106 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: i've only gone & vloody done it!!!!!

Well done for booking it. We too are interested in going to Meeru at the end of April or beginning of May in the hope of avoiding the rainy season. We are still in the process of shopping around for the best price. Got one back which was 2 adults, direct flight from Heathrow to Male, transfer to Meeru, water villa and all inclusive for £2895 for 7 nights stay. Thought that was a little on the dear side, or is it just me?

Merseyside
Level Contributor
46 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: i've only gone & vloody done it!!!!!

Yes you can drink in any of the bars , we stayed in a JBV and its at that end of the resort in the lagoon and also by the water villas(700's) you can snorkel and will see a lot of different fish and coral You will have a fantastic holiday .

birmingham
Level Contributor
584 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: i've only gone & vloody done it!!!!!

daisy with regards to the rainny season this might be a factor to consider i read a review on here about someone who went in dec last year which is meant to be 1 of the best times to go, they said the weather was terrible & wouldn't go back again in dec because of it, it was really bad (not sure if this was meeru or not can't remember looked at a couple of islands) it just shows it can happen when ever really & going in the peak seasons you'd be paying more so if it did happen you'd be more gutted.

when we booked meeru yesterday we were speaking to the travel agent about the weather as she'd been to a different island in may, she said she was lucky with the weather, i said i was going june & was worried & she said that june should be better than may as if you look at monthly averages may actually has more rain fall. just something to think about hope it helps :-) xx

Swindon, United...
Level Contributor
3,855 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: i've only gone & vloody done it!!!!!

sunshineB, if you're interested in identifying fish after snorkelling I'd recommend getting the fish card from Mondomaldive:

www.mondomaldive.com/paypal/fish_card.html

I bought this recently along with their Maldives book, and it's well worth a few euros.

birmingham
Level Contributor
584 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: i've only gone & vloody done it!!!!!

thank you dene.

can you buy it over there? i think that would make it far more interesting - knowing what i was actually looking at, otherwise i'd just be like ooo a pretty fish ooo another pretty fish lol.

you're getting me so excited again arrrghh i can't contain myself!!!!