We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Chaaya Island Dhonveli

Which North Male Atoll hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
west mids
Level Contributor
97 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
Chaaya Island Dhonveli

Hi any advice / info about Chaaya Island Dhonveli we are heading there in 6 weeks...

what is the mosquito situation this time of year?

thanx Trace

Warwickshire, UK
Level Contributor
1 post
15 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Chaaya Island Dhonveli

I was really hoping someone would reply to you about this, as we're going at end of March & wondering the same thing!! And biting sand flies seem to be an issue in places. It seems to vary by island & time of year...

Think we'll take 50% DEET repellent, cover arms & legs at dusk, avoid perfumed body lotions, as we have done elsewhere (odourless garlic pills havent worked for us in other places) - looking into vitamin B1!!!

Let us know how you get on - enjoy ;)

Ali

Crewe, United...
Level Contributor
5 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Chaaya Island Dhonveli

hello,

we went in july last year and mozzies were not a problem, didnt get bitten and never saw any i think they spray in the morning,

hope you guys have a wonderful time there like we did.

x.

Newcastle-under-Lyme...
Level Contributor
26 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Chaaya Island Dhonveli

Hey Ali....we'll be there from 3rd April. Hopefully catch up at the bar!!! :)

Stef

x

Kent
Level Contributor
637 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Chaaya Island Dhonveli

Hey guys

Possibly looking to book this Island for next year.

Please could you post me your honest reviews upon your return.

Happy Holidays :-)

Grahame

Kingston-upon-Hull...
Level Contributor
14 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Chaaya Island Dhonveli

Hi All, we have booked yesterday to go to Dhonveli on 27th March-got a good (at least i think it is!) deal online for a week in the water bungalows. As Grahame said please post your reviews-although the ones on here seem great i've read a few negatives on the forum off regular posters and i'm starting to doubt myself!

This will be our 2nd visit to the Maldives (visited Biyadhoo last October) and i'm sooooo excited :)

Thanks, Gill

west mids
Level Contributor
97 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Chaaya Island Dhonveli

cant wait 17 sleeps :-)

anyone with useful info for us? please post

thanx T x

west mids
Level Contributor
97 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Chaaya Island Dhonveli

cant wait 17 sleeps :-)

anyone with useful info for us? please post

thanx T x

Newcastle upon Tyne
Level Contributor
150 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Chaaya Island Dhonveli

I'm sure if you try using the search option you will find various info about Dhonveli!!

We stayed there in 2010 and had a great time.

Did you copy and paste your previous post as you still have 17 sleeps despite posting them on 2 different days??

Kingston-upon-Hull...
Level Contributor
14 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: Chaaya Island Dhonveli

Hiya Toon, thanks for the post, quick question-how did you find the swimming at Dhonveli? I've looked online and seen the areas safe to swim/snorkel, but read quite a few comments regarding strong currents. Did you feel you had enough beach/sea without worrying about currents? We go next month and I can't wait :)

Guernsey
Level Contributor
165 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Chaaya Island Dhonveli

Not been to Dhonveli but have been to Chaaya group in Maldives and apparently the food standard etc is the same accross the group. Theyall have to put out a certain amount of meat, fish, veggie, etc dishes at every meal. We could not fault the food, lots of options for any food preference, gorgeous curries, freshly made naan in a tandoori while you wait. We though probably the best choice we had seen on AI in Maldives. Look forward to hearing your thoughts when you come back. Enjoy!!