We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Bandos Vs Paradise

Hyderabad, India
Level Contributor
2 posts
10 reviews
Save Topic
Bandos Vs Paradise

2 of us (My wife & My self) are planning to visit Maldives from 25th to 30th. We are given almost equal price for Bandos and Paradise Islands. Our budget is close to GBP 1,000. Can you please suggest which one is better between these 2 resorts.

Lincolnshire...
Destination Expert
for Maldives
Level Contributor
8,284 posts
281 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Bandos Vs Paradise

Welcome to the forum.

Better in what way? You need to tell us what is important to you.

Hyderabad, India
Level Contributor
2 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Bandos Vs Paradise

Thanks Lynphd. We are looking for more activities like diving, snorkeling etc. Privacy and resort services are next priorities

Lincolnshire...
Destination Expert
for Maldives
Level Contributor
8,284 posts
281 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Bandos Vs Paradise

Paradise doesn't have a house reef for snorkelling from the beach. I have stayed 1 night only (unplanned) and found it to be not typical of the Maldives islands with concrete paths and it was quite busy.

So, if you have only a choice from these 2 islands I think Bandos would win. I've not been there but I believe it is the better choice for snorkelling and diving if you need to stay close to Male. However, it is also quite a family friendly island.

Madrid, Spain
Destination Expert
for Maldives
Level Contributor
4,067 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Bandos Vs Paradise

I visited Paradise Island and I didn't like it at all. Specially the water villas jetty looked like the Market: full of people, a lot of noise... It was quite curious: water villas were full of Chinese people making noise, and beach villas were full of italian people, many of them making groups at the Villa and also making a lot of noise... Staff area was ugly and too exposed. Facilities didin't look nice at all...

London, United...
Level Contributor
27,178 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Bandos Vs Paradise

Try eriyadu, embudu, gangehi, fihaholhi, reethi beach, meeru also, make sure you factor in all costs,,,taxes and transfers and food and drink as it's very expensive in the Maldives.

6. Re: Bandos Vs Paradise

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 15 July 2015, 06:16