We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

My travel airlines

France
Level Contributor
156 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
My travel airlines

I'm flying from Manchester to Male with My Travel airlines. Has anyone any experience of this carrier? I have paid £70 for extra leg room.

Mentioned in this post
Manchester
Manchester
Greater Manchester, UK
Stourbridge, United...
Level Contributor
2,103 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: My travel airlines

Hi monaco

we flew last nov to sun island with mytravel they are not the best but def not the worst, the crew were polite and helpful which always makes a difference and we are flying with them again in 3 weeks to vakarufalhi and again in feb to veligandu, i will give a review when i get back from vakaru and let you know how the flight was

regards susie

France
Level Contributor
156 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: My travel airlines

Many thanks - I look forward to hearing about your holiday.

Guernsey
6 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: My travel airlines

have a look at

www.airlinequality.com/Forum/my_travel.htm

France
Level Contributor
156 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: My travel airlines

Thank you - I looked at the site and it seems I probably did right to pay the extra £70 for the extra leg room. I would appreciate advice on the best seat to try for - I like a window seat but I don't want to have to disturb two people each time I want to go to the lavatories.

Manchester, Uk.
Level Contributor
747 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: My travel airlines

Hi Monaco,

We are doing exactly what you have planned, 4 weeks today. We flew MyTravel Airways last year, but went for the posh seats up front (good, but wasnt keen on the £239pp we paid). Have gone for the extra legroom at £70ppthis year, saving the difference for spending on the island.

Only thing we have said to ourselves is that we should be prepared to be sat apart on the return journey - check in is totally governed by what time your flight to Male arrives, and who has checked in before you, if you're last you're gonna get pretty much the dregs of the extra legroom seats!

Here's hoping its ok anyway!

Regards, Lisa.

France
Level Contributor
156 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: My travel airlines

Thanks, Lisa. I look forward to reading your review when you get back.

cfc
Crawley, United...
Level Contributor
1,349 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: My travel airlines

looks like i got the rough end both ways then eh?

monarch out and my travel back lolol

Manchester, Uk.
Level Contributor
747 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: My travel airlines

cfc - better than the other way around - the flight home is always depressing as it is, without having to put up woth the delights of Monarch. Frankly, I could go home first class with some super duper airline, and I would still be cheesed off!

Lisa.

cfc
Crawley, United...
Level Contributor
1,349 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: My travel airlines

lolol Lisa, it sets in around 3 days before for me !!

10. Re: My travel airlines

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 22 August 2009, 12:19