We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Half board or full board at Angsana Ihuru - price of meals?

San Francisco, CA
Level Contributor
163 posts
58 reviews
Save Topic
Half board or full board at Angsana Ihuru - price of meals?

It seems the cost b/t half and full board when we are going is approximately 80 USD/day/person. So I am trying to figure out whether on average, lunch and dinner added together is typically less than, equal to, or greater than this amount. Any other benefits I'm not thinking of if you go full board (e.g. do full board receive snacks inbetween meals, etc?) Kids are only 20 USD difference /day, so it seems very worthwhile for kids to just sign up for full board.

If equal to, we may just do half board, so we have flexibility of eating at Banyan Tree w/o paying a surcharge.

Thanks!

4 replies to this topic
Edinburgh, United...
Level Contributor
4,161 posts
50 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Half board or full board at Angsana Ihuru - price of meals?

Hi

Prices and menu are usually available on the resort's website but bear in mind if you don't pay in advance everything is plus 10 plus 6 % taxes. FB usually does not include snacks inbetween - don't think you can have FB for half your party only, cannot see how that would work?

We usually go for that option as I'm vegetarian and you then get to eat from wide range of buffet menu, as opposed to order from more limited bar menu - which might become boring if you stay for 2 weeks.

Others rightly point out that if you're HB you're not tied to set mealtimes and as you mention you may want to lunch at Banyan Tree Vabbinfaru. Do bear in mind that during high season this option might have some restrictions ie you may need to book if you want a table in their restaurant but should be fine if you want a snack in their bar (I also think Banyan Tree V is not particularly aimed at younger kids so that may be an issue too).

SG
Level Contributor
198 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Half board or full board at Angsana Ihuru - price of meals?

hi sfgirl

do you hv web site information on half and full board costs for angsana ihuru? i can't find it on their web site.

Hampshire
Level Contributor
2,288 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Half board or full board at Angsana Ihuru - price of meals?

Hello Geriatric

Sorry if I have misread your message - but it appears you are saying the difference between HB and FB is $80 per person.

The only differential therefore is the inclusion or exclusion of lunch (not your evening meal). Lunch for $80 is incredibly expensive and in my view should not be booked.

For your information - the actual cost difference between HB and FB should be $45 per person.

Have a great trip.

Richard from PurelyMaldives

London, United...
Level Contributor
27,178 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Half board or full board at Angsana Ihuru - price of meals?

I don't know the prices, but if this is really the difference between half and full board ( ie not the difference between bed and breakfast and full board) then I would say 80 usd is excessive. 80 dollars per person for lunch is steep. Even 45 is a bit much, folks don't normally eat that much at lunch time.

Reply to: Half board or full board at Angsana Ihuru - price of meals?
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted