We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Angsana Ihuru/Banyan Tree

Middle East
Level Contributor
27 posts
Save Topic
Angsana Ihuru/Banyan Tree

Seriously considering Angsana Ihuru, reading reviews it mentions boat trips to Banyan Tree for dinner/drinks/facilities. I can't find any mention of this on their website? Do they run regular boats across and during the evenins?

10 replies to this topic
Hampshire
Level Contributor
2,610 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Angsana Ihuru/Banyan Tree

Hi

Yes there are regular trips between the sister islands a couple of times per day - it only takes a few minutes as they are around 300/400 metres apart.

Thanks

Richard from PurelyMaldives

Edinburgh, United...
Level Contributor
4,492 posts
54 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Angsana Ihuru/Banyan Tree

... once on other island you can use the bar and sign to your room back at Ihuru. Dinner, however, is subject to availability, as BTV only has one restaurant, need to book in advance and likely only possible if island not full. Also, I think BTV has a child restriction policy, in case this is relevant to you.

London, United...
Level Contributor
272 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Angsana Ihuru/Banyan Tree

Boat goes every 2 hours from around 8-30am till quite late at night. Personally if budget allows stay on btv and visit and snorkel AI.

Edinburgh, United...
Level Contributor
4,492 posts
54 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Angsana Ihuru/Banyan Tree

Yep, I'd do the latter too next time round ...

Middle East
Level Contributor
27 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Angsana Ihuru/Banyan Tree

Thanks all, that helps the decision.

Madrid, Spain
Destination Expert
for Maldives
Level Contributor
4,074 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Angsana Ihuru/Banyan Tree

Agree with Jacable, stay at BTV and go for snorkelling to Angsana...

Singapore, Singapore
Level Contributor
4 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Angsana Ihuru/Banyan Tree

I've brought my 2 (or was he 3?) year old to BT, and they even have a kids menu. Either resort is great for kids because the marine life is just simply amazing. You don't even have to snorkel!

Edinburgh, United...
Level Contributor
4,492 posts
54 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Angsana Ihuru/Banyan Tree

Thanks for that additional info, MumsEd, BTV is often listed as an island which has an age restriction, so clearly that is not true! I did wonder how they could implement it when Ihuru doesn't ...

Edinburgh, United...
Level Contributor
4,492 posts
54 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Angsana Ihuru/Banyan Tree

I checked its website and it says: "We regret to inform that the resort does not offer facilities for children. It is not recommended for families with children under 12 years. However this will be at the discretion of parents."

Singapore, Singapore
Level Contributor
4 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Angsana Ihuru/Banyan Tree

Hi Karla. Hmm, when we were there there might have been 1-2 other kids around, but we went before the refurbishment, so I'm wondering if they mean they don't have a kids club or baby cots and chairs that kind of thing, or if they totally don't welcome kids now. Maybe you can check with them directly through an agent or their online chat if/when you're keen to go :)

We probably won't be back there because each room now has a jet pool, and with kids we prefer to stay in rooms that don't have pools. I'm looking forward to doing Ihuru next!

Reply to: Angsana Ihuru/Banyan Tree
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted