We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

6 nights split between Angsana (4) and Vabbinfaru(2)?

Perth, Australia
Level Contributor
4 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
6 nights split between Angsana (4) and Vabbinfaru(2)?

Hi

After much research we have decided on one of these two for our honeymoon.

Vabbinfaru 100% of the time is stretching our budget a bit far so we thought maybe we should split the time?

Do people think that 6 nights is to short a duration to split the stay? We thought it might be OK given that they are so close together and part of the same parent company?

Thanks

Nick

14 replies to this topic
Northern Ireland...
Level Contributor
9,124 posts
286 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: 6 nights split between Angsana (4) and Vabbinfaru(2)?

I have 15 emails from angsana Ihuru and I still don't understand it

Madrid, Spain
Destination Expert
for Maldives
Level Contributor
4,059 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: 6 nights split between Angsana (4) and Vabbinfaru(2)?

Paul, I think Angsana Ihuru doesn't offer AI, just a beverage package, it doesn't matter how they call it... Here in Spain there are some places that offer similar things, they call it AI, huy it isn't..

Northern Ireland...
Level Contributor
9,124 posts
286 reviews
Save Reply
13. Re: 6 nights split between Angsana (4) and Vabbinfaru(2)?

Maria, whatever you call it, you could say it is FB with a beverage package which in my book is AI. But the package is bonkers as you can only have certain types of drinks but not others. It was something like beer or wine but not both. Limited cocktsails and juices but not wine and no spirits at any time. It was just silly. They offered me the wine and cocktails package having to pay for both. Why not just offer an AI drinks package that 99% of other AI islands offer?

Vancouver, Canada
Level Contributor
575 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
14. Re: 6 nights split between Angsana (4) and Vabbinfaru(2)?

Just back from Vabbinfaru, snorkeled at Ihuru too. You made a right decsion, it is not necessary to split your stay between two islands at all, the dhoni boat trip between two islands are just 3 mins, scheduled for departure from Vabbinfaru at 8:30am, 10:30am, 12:30pm, 2:30pm, 4:30pm, 6:30pm, 8:30pm and 10:30pm. Once the boat arrive at Ihuru, droped off and picked the guests, it returns to Vabbinfaru. You could use facilities at both resorts. Feel free to ask me if you have further questions.

Reply to: 6 nights split between Angsana (4) and Vabbinfaru(2)?
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted