We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Diving at Meeru

Lincoln, England
Level Contributor
5 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Diving at Meeru

First trip to the Maldives on 15th June staying at Meeru and based on reviews, can't wait! I've read that there is a diving school at the resort - is this right and is it any good please? Also - I keep reading about a shoes not required resort - is this right? Being vertically challenged - most of my trousers require heels, so does this mean I need to do some retail therapy for new (shorter)trousers????

Any other tips/recommendations please??

Thanks

Sharon

London, United...
Level Contributor
4,176 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Diving at Meeru

Hi Sharon

Didn't dive at Meeru but hired snorkelling stuff from the dive school - very proffesional. People who did dive were very complimentary about them.

You don't need shoes at all on the island, in fact they will hamper you. The pathways are mostly sandy and in any case being natural, are uneven. Heels will get stuck in the decking around the bars and restaurants. Take flipflops though as the sand and decking get very hot.

Other tips - pack very lightly. You could get away with just 2 or 3 cossies, shorts and t-shirts + maybe cropped trousers for the evening. Most people don't dressup at all, in fact lots stick with shorts and t-shirts right through. Take loads of suncream - you don't want to ruin your holiday by getting burnt.

Enjoy - both the holiday and the retail therapy!

Liverpool GB.
Level Contributor
7,430 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Diving at Meeru

Hi Sharon

Dived out of Meeru last May, very good team / school Diveed ayt Manta point, came in at 20 mtrs and at 5 were 4 huge Mantas at the cleaning station----Fantastic. As said no shoes this is the Maldives and defo no heels, the dress code is smart casual. no bling and no competitions. Costume and sarong by the day, skirts and tops evening --shorts t-shirts for blokes, no costumes in the restaurants, dont need much, dont need towels--hairdryer--plus same as UK,-- dont need much atall.

Hope this helps or need more just ask.

Rumpole.

Lincoln, England
Level Contributor
5 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Diving at Meeru

Hi

Many thanks for the advice. No heavy duty packing to think about - wonderful! Guess the retail therapy will be extra skirt and shorts!

I'm on a countdown and can't wait!!

Sharon

4. Re: Diving at Meeru

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 29 September 2009, 13:19