We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Can you do PADI at Olhuveli?

Belfast
Level Contributor
9 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Can you do PADI at Olhuveli?

If so, how much time/cost do you reckon this would be?

I'm interested, but could be put off if the cost is really high.

Stourbridge, United...
Level Contributor
2,105 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Can you do PADI at Olhuveli?

Hi

Yes you can do PADI not sure how much it is at a rough guess i would think about £300 ish it takes 4/5 days

regards susie

Brighton, United...
Level Contributor
2,100 posts
58 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Can you do PADI at Olhuveli?

Hi

Link to the dive centre at Olhuveli

http://www.sundivingschool.com/index.html

Usually the open water course is around £250-300 /$500-600 us.

Takes usually 4 days 2 spent in the classroom, this cost should include all equipment/log book etc.

But depending on when you travel why not contact a local dive centre here in the UK; do the basics here and get a refferal to finish the course off wen you arrive in the Maldives; this way you will not loose too much time spent in the classroom on holiday.

Regards

Emu

Mentioned in this post
Olhuveli Island
Olhuveli Island
South Male Atoll
Stourbridge, United...
Level Contributor
2,105 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Can you do PADI at Olhuveli?

For prices try emailing the island info@olhuveli.com.mv

..susie

Belfast
Level Contributor
9 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Can you do PADI at Olhuveli?

Thanks folks. As I'm only there for 9 nights I'm not sure if the other half would be happy about me spending so much time away. It's a honeymoon after all :)

Stourbridge, United...
Level Contributor
2,105 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Can you do PADI at Olhuveli?

As EMU says do a referal course here then all you do in the maldives is the open water dives, contact your local dive school and they will explain all

...susie

6. Re: Can you do PADI at Olhuveli?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 04 October 2009, 09:26