We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Fihalhohi

Which South Male Atoll hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Larkfield, United...
Level Contributor
267 posts
13 reviews
Save Topic
Fihalhohi

Hi All,

Just wondered is anyone has been to this island and what they thought of it?

I have read the TA reviews but would like to speak to someone whos been.

Also, does anyone have or know where I can find more pics of the water bungalows?

Thanks in advance.

Brighton, United...
Level Contributor
2,100 posts
56 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Fihalhohi

Lots of photos here:-

www.malediven.net/Bilder/Fihalhohi/index.htm

What do you want to know about the island??

It is a nice island for the price you would pay, even at full brochure price but invariably it has good deals most times of the year.

The house reef is of a good standard - in most places, but does have strong currents on the reef edge near the water bungalows during the NE Monsoon (Jan-Mar).

Main restaurant is a little cramped for the number of guests at full occupancy, it has a nice sunset bar and fairly good food throughout the resort.

Regards

Emu

Larkfield, United...
Level Contributor
267 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Fihalhohi

Hi,

Thanks for getting back to me.

It has no pool, is the water safe to swim in? (Meaning I wont be attacked by a shark or something!)

Do you have to share tabels in the resturant? I am not keen on this idea!

Is there really lots of children?

We are looking to go in April (2010 yes ages away) staying in a water bungalow however I am thinking we may get bored and looking at other islands with more things available and included however I like the fact this island is very island like (not much to do) - its a bit of a catch 22. I think I might be bored here for 2 weeks and First Choice who I have booked with dont have a twin centre option.

Also, you as well as others mention this resort being cheaper than others? Any idea of what prices people have paid so I know what to compaire my findings with?

Brighton, United...
Level Contributor
2,100 posts
56 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Fihalhohi

Hi Shell,

It has no pool, is the water safe to swim in? - No chance of being attacked by sharks, there are sharks but they are reef sharks, and I do not know of a known case of one attacking a human - the sea is very safe but you still have to be careful not to step on anything sharp (inc rays/stonefish).

Do you have to share tabels in the resturant? I am not keen on this idea! - The last time I visited here there was no table sharing, I believe now that there is, But you just need to tell them from the moment you arrive that you do not wish to share a table, they cannot make you!!

Is there really lots of children? - depends when you visit, if in the Easter holidays then chances are there will be more than usual, but far less than say spain, greece or the caribbean.

Will you get bored - I would say not a chance, in fact if you went to a bigger island, chances are you would have too much to do!! and not use all the facilities anyway.

I have no idea of current bargains to this resort, but have seen in the past 2 weeks HB for £850 pp last minute, but these sort of bargains are hard to find, melocolic recently paid about £600 for 1 week AI at Fiha's sister island club faru.

Hope this helps.

Regards

Emu

Larkfield, United...
Level Contributor
267 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Fihalhohi

Hi,

Thanks again for getting back to me.

I think I will have to change my dates as I am booked to go on the 11th April and I am sure thats when the kids will be off. I dont mind kids but as I do not have any yet and this is likely to be the last holiday we have before having kids I would prefer to avoid the holidays.

You have reassured me and so I will stick with this island. We booked it for £1050 per person full board but have upgraded to a water bungalow which was an additional £800 or so, reason being we prob wont be able to go to the Maldives often and I have always wanted to stay in one. I am happy with the holiday price in general.

Thanks again, I am going to look at the link with the pics now :)

Liverpool GB.
Level Contributor
7,430 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Fihalhohi

Hi Shell,

as Emu says , Kids are far less in the Maldives for a number of reasons, such as distance and cost, going to any island and through experience of many resorts and at different times you will be very unlucky to find more than a hand full of kids at any time, also during the day on any island you hardly see anyone other than visiting the bar or at meal times, so dont let them put you off.

Going to Fiha in May and in WBs and you have a good costing so long as the extra £800 is not each.

Rumps

Larkfield, United...
Level Contributor
267 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Fihalhohi

Thanks for getting back to me. I spoke to my hubby about it and he said the same as you, that its too far and expensive for people to take their kids and when you think of a family holiday its not the first place that pops into your head so were just going to leave the booking as it is.

Was pleased as I got the last 'WB' available they seem to go very quick, I mean were not going until April 2010.

Yes its £800 extra for the WB for us as a couple.

Hope you have a lovely time. I am off to the Dominican Republic Monday and have been told to forget about the Maldives holiday for the time being. Its booked so at least I know its mine!

Liverpool GB.
Level Contributor
7,430 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Fihalhohi

Well done,

The Maldives is a fantastic place, but i have to warn you that it is addictive so you will need to start saving for the next one, as once been you will / want to return. Enjoy Doninican

Rumps

Stourbridge, United...
Destination Expert
for Maldives
Level Contributor
2,048 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Fihalhohi

Hi Shell

I have been to fiha 3 times and due to go again in june for a 4th visit, having been to other islands fiha is the only one that i have returned to, it is a lovely island very basic but very friendly and the rooms are spotless, the area to the right of the WB's as you look at them from the beach is very safe to swim in but as emu says beware of sharp coral rays etc. they have a good watersports centre which should stop you from getting bored and also a wonderful spa, you will love it

reagrds susie

Stourbridge, United...
Destination Expert
for Maldives
Level Contributor
2,048 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Fihalhohi

PS

another good site to look at is http://www.maldives.at/index.html

an index of islands comes up on the top left hand side just click on A-K then fihalhoi

........susie

10. Re: Fihalhohi

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 11 August 2009, 19:20