We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Anantara Veli water bungalow views

singapore
Level Contributor
35 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
Anantara Veli water bungalow views

Hello,

I have been studying this forum about the Anantara resort, the photos look great and I know they are separate Islands that connect but apparently the photos on the website aren't of Veli and there are some points I can't clarify as some of the answers/pictures on this forum are generally about "Anantara"...

We are looking to book an over water bungalow on Veli and we have a good price deal but could anyone answer the following for me.....

Do ALL of these bungalows look out to the ocean or do some terraces over look another bungalow? I mean a straight ahead view, not bothered about another bungalow at the side.

Is there a difference on Veli whether you stay sunrise or sunset side, view wise, or does this just apply to Dighu?

It has been said the sand is coral laden and difficult to walk on on the Dighu side, not powder quality, is this also true for Veli?

A water bungalow would be nice but only if the view was of the ocean and not another bungalow, or a utility island (?????) that I read on a review.

If that was the case I would rather stay on the beach...so essentially are the views worth booking a water bungalow on Veli, is there is a risk of not getting an ocean view, or looking at something unattractive ?

Thanks x

Los Angeles...
Level Contributor
296 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Anantara Veli water bungalow views

Some of the water bungalows look straight across to other water bungalows but they are kind of far away so you don't really notice people doing anything. Additionally, as I recall, none of the water bungalows really overlooked the utility island. There was a man made island that they were making as a protective barrier but it was rather weirdly naturalistic looking. There were lots of cool birds on it and I swam to it when I got tired of snorkeling a couple of times. Some of the water bungalows have better views of the sunset and sunrise but I stayed at one that had a view of both. There are a couple of them that have this view. Just look up my review for the bungalow number. The water bungalows were cooler than the houses on Dighu. But I would book Veli and then try and get upgraded to the third resort Nalahdu. That way you get the over water experience and beach house experience which at Naladhu is so opulent that it has to be experienced. I have a review for that one as well.

I hope that helps.

singapore
Level Contributor
35 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Anantara Veli water bungalow views

Hmmm ok so possibility of looking onto another bungalow...i am guessing that there is no guarantee of getting one with purely oceans views if you request direct to the hotel? Is it room 148 that is a good one?

Cheers x

singapore
Level Contributor
35 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Anantara Veli water bungalow views

Another thought...Do you think it is worth taking the deluxe water bungalow instead? In terms of views out to the ocean?

Thanks

Los Angeles...
Level Contributor
296 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Anantara Veli water bungalow views

Sue1303

Yeah 148 was the best one because it only had a neighbor on one side and it was closest to the largest amount of coral (granted this is year and half ago). One of the coolest things is you had steps going down from the bungalow into the water and there were so many fish underneath the bungalow because it was near the coral. Ironically, my trip advisor icon picture thingy is a picture that I took of a school of fish underneath our over water bungalow.

Don't bother with the deluxe overwater bungalows, they have an extra deck as I recall, but they are no big deal.....save your money and try and upgrade to Naladhu. Trust me. (It may only cost you an extra $250 or $300) It is worth it.

singapore
Level Contributor
35 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Anantara Veli water bungalow views

Great, thanks for all your info x

6. Re: Anantara Veli water bungalow views

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 03 March 2011, 05:16
Get answers to your questions about South Male Atoll