We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Fihalhohi Water Bungalows - Kettle provided???

Newcastle, Australia
Level Contributor
103 posts
31 reviews
Save Topic
Fihalhohi Water Bungalows - Kettle provided???

Hi,

Does anyone know if a kettle is provided in the water bungalows?

Also I know they have a CD player but again does anyone know if you can plug in your Ipod (or should I revert to CD's)?

Off in three weeks for the first time to the maldives and cannot wait!!

Thanks

Maldives
Level Contributor
38 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Fihalhohi Water Bungalows - Kettle provided???

Can't help you with the kettle, but iPod...

There are some 3.5mm to stereo cables you can buy for few bucks. These you can connect to all sound systems, and also TVs. Only thing is you can't do is charge the ipod, watch video.

Apple sells a Composite AV cable for 20-30 dollars for the same use. These are expensive but allows charging and output of video to TVs.

Both are pretty same, I would recommend the 3.5mm to stereo cable :)

Newcastle, Australia
Level Contributor
103 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Fihalhohi Water Bungalows - Kettle provided???

Hi,

Thanks - will look into getting one of these cables as it would be good for future trips too!

north east england
Level Contributor
27 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Fihalhohi Water Bungalows - Kettle provided???

Hi Friz

They do have a kettle in the bungalows.

You will love it

Fiha is a beautiful island

Have a great time

Zeb

Edited: 25 October 2010, 12:37
Newcastle, Australia
Level Contributor
103 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Fihalhohi Water Bungalows - Kettle provided???

Zeb,

Thanks, one less thing to pack!

18 days and counting!!

Frizz

London, United...
Level Contributor
5,955 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Fihalhohi Water Bungalows - Kettle provided???

We stayed in a water bungalow in April & there was a kettle and lots of free sachets of tea and coffee.

However, I'd never return to that island because gustes have to share a table with the same couple for every single meal. It was our anniversary and we emailed the resort in advance to practically beg for a table to ourselves, but no luck!

Tewkesbury, United...
Level Contributor
26 posts
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: Fihalhohi Water Bungalows - Kettle provided???

You have to share tables in most of the resorts in the Maldives, it's not just on Fiha.

We have never had a problem, you can just use your table before or after the other couple have finished their meal.

London, United...
Level Contributor
4,176 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Fihalhohi Water Bungalows - Kettle provided???

You don't have to share tables at all resorts by any means. In fact we have never had to or even been asked to share a table, at any of the resorts we have been to. I understand from others though, that if you are on an island where they have shared tables, if you put in a request to have a table to yourself, they will do what they can to accommodate you.

Newark
Level Contributor
3,170 posts
117 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Fihalhohi Water Bungalows - Kettle provided???

Agree with SL, we have never had to share, never been to island where that situation arose.

London, United...
Level Contributor
5,955 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Fihalhohi Water Bungalows - Kettle provided???

We're talking thousands of pounds from the UK for all of these islands from next year, so why would any couple expect or accept shared tables?

Please let me know the names of other islands that operate the shared tables policy for couples so we can avoid them. The only ones I've found so far are Fiha & Embudu.

United Kingdom
Level Contributor
2,365 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Fihalhohi Water Bungalows - Kettle provided???

from experience, I think many Islands try and get people to share , We have always asked for our own table , and it has never been a problem, Fiha' included. but it is easier to ask once you are there.

Get answers to your questions about South Male Atoll