We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

5* Resort close to Biyadhoo

Phuket, Thailand
Level Contributor
4 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
5* Resort close to Biyadhoo

I'm planning to visit Biyadhoo in March. Just before I leave I would like to spend 1 day at a 5* resort close by and stay in a water Villa for the experience. Can anyone recommend one that is close by where I can do this?

suffolk
Level Contributor
1,412 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: 5* Resort close to Biyadhoo

Not sure if its 5 * but you can see Cocoa Island from Biyadhoo .

Andy

Truro, United...
Level Contributor
581 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: 5* Resort close to Biyadhoo

Anantara dhigu, veil and Naladu are not too far away either - well they didn't look it from the sea plane. Dhigu and Veli having the water villas.

Taj Exotica is on the way back up to the airport. It has water villas but is right under the flight path into Male ( you can see it on the seat back TV as you pass over on the final approach) :)

Hampshire
Level Contributor
2,460 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: 5* Resort close to Biyadhoo

Hi

The nearest 3 are Cocoa Island, Anantara (3) and Kandooma.

The 2 considered 5 star would be Cocoa and Naladhu (part of the Anantara lagoon).

Thanks

Richard from PurelyMaldives

Northern Ireland...
Level Contributor
9,124 posts
286 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: 5* Resort close to Biyadhoo

actually thats a good idea. Would it be feasible to get a boat from Biyadhoo and go to Cocoa for lunch?

Would Biya do it ? (at a cost obv for the boat trip)

and would Cocoa accept the idea?

any thoughts>?

Phuket, Thailand
Level Contributor
4 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: 5* Resort close to Biyadhoo

Thanks for the suggestions guys. Any ideas how easy it is to get from Biyadhoo to one of those other islands? Can you rent a local boat and make your own way over or would you need to go back to the airport and head back out from there? If I have to go back to the airport, then maybe worth considering Taj Exotica if it's closer to there.

Hampshire
Level Contributor
2,460 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: 5* Resort close to Biyadhoo

Hello

You will be able to hire a local boat for the short journey - however I recommend sounding the resort out before simply arriving and expecting to arrange it. If Biyadhoo are not willing to help then your next island will normally arrange the pick up.

Captains are sometimes wary of taking their boat into another islands' reef - but Biyadhoo is not complicated and I think is almost a straight line from the outer deeper waters.

Have fun

Cumbria, United...
Level Contributor
3,446 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: 5* Resort close to Biyadhoo

Hi

I have often seen the boat from Cocoa Island bringing people to snorkel the Biyadhoo reefs and visit the island (both larger parties and small charter) so there must be some agreement/liaison in existence between the two islands already. As Richard suggests try emailling them in plenty of time before you go.

H

Perth, Australia
Level Contributor
10 posts
260 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: 5* Resort close to Biyadhoo

Taj Exotica will be on your way to the airport. We have stayed at a number of resorts in the Maldives and this one far exceeds the others we have stayed at. The service and food are the main differences. Some people talk about being under the flight path, we have never found this to be an issue, there aren't that many flights in and out each day. We have just booked our seventh stay there, that should confirm the recommendation! You will find the staff there very efficient and courteous, and more than willing to answer your enquiries. A great 5* experience.

Hampshire
Level Contributor
2,460 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: 5* Resort close to Biyadhoo

Hi

I agree with CaptGreeny regarding service and food and that the island is a very high quality 5 star - however disagree regarding the flights. I stayed on the island in December 2011 and confirm that planes fly and bank directly over this island.

While there may not be many flights per day - isn't even just a small number of 10 or 12 too many to spoil your wish to get away and relax?

Thanks

Northern Ireland...
Level Contributor
9,124 posts
286 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: 5* Resort close to Biyadhoo

im sure Taj is a lovely lovely island. Richmond in London is a lovely suburb as is Twickenham and I have lived in both. But we all know about low flying planes taking off and landing. Purely my personal opinion but i would rather stay at a more isolated Maldivian island than engage in plane spotting at Taj esp paying those prices. Its funny but at the islands I have stayed, you could hardly hear the seaplanes taking off and landing as it was done either side of other islands out at sea jettys and there is nothing better than just lazing on a lounger reading a book with total peace and quiet (noisy certain nationalities excepted lol). I just cant imagine being in the Maldives and having long haul jets overhead... how is that getting away from it all? Each to their own obviously.

I think I will e-mail Biyadhoo and Cocoa and enquire about lunch at Cocoa...... just want to give my daughter an added Island experience and Cocoa seems to fit the bill nicely.

Get answers to your questions about South Male Atoll