We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Biyadhoo island ...help

bedfordshire
Level Contributor
293 posts
15 reviews
Save Topic
Biyadhoo island ...help

we are booked to go to mauritius in april/may for our 30th anniversary....we spent our 25th in the "dives" on Kurudu.....and long to go back...but far too expensive...we have now been offered this Biyadhoo for £2200 in total all inclusive......we really want to change our holiday but are so worried about the rooms.....are they as bad as people say.....help....

Northern Ireland...
Level Contributor
9,124 posts
286 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: Biyadhoo island ...help

We had two rooms together june this year can't remember exactly but they will be in review. 83 and 84 sound right... West block furthest from the bar. No mould, slightly tatty fittings but clean, cleaned twice a day, elaborate bed flower arrangements each day, very similar to a typical 3 star Caribbean room. No complaints.

Swanwick, United...
Level Contributor
4,395 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: Biyadhoo island ...help

Hi Crystal

Where were you planning to go in Mauritius? We went in September and I was rather impressed. We went to Tamassa, which was probably in the same (or cheaper) price range than Biyadhoo. I am sorry I have not posted a review yet, but have a rough copy if you PM me. The snorkelling was good. Food and hotel an excellent 4star standard.

We stayed on Biyadhoo early 2010. At the time I would say the island was in need of a refurb, but was well maintained. We only went for a week and had excellent weather, which helped. Biyadhoo I would discribe as more 'backpacker' Maldives. We didn't find it comfortable or relaxing and it was rather crowded. It is not your typical island ie indoor bathrooms, enclosed restaurant, inland bar, rooms in blocks, cement paths.The rooms were bearable, but not somewhere you would want to spend any length of time. I would not return to this island for a romantic break, but would consider taking my daugher as the island is quite social and has an excellent reef. The price you quote £2200 - if that is for 2, AI for a week? That seems a good price. I was looking at the prices earlier in the year and £1200ppas the cheapest I found.

Helsingborg
Level Contributor
41 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
13. Re: Biyadhoo island ...help

Answer: You will love the island I think, good reef too. The hotel is ok if you don´t need luxury.

france
Level Contributor
1,029 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
14. Re: Biyadhoo island ...help

turquoise's post makes alot of sense.

If you are looking for something romantic so you can reflect on your wonderful 30 years of marriage - Many Congratulations.

I think if it is between Mauritius and Biyadhoo I would choose Mauritius, atleast if your hotel does not live up to expectations you have the whole of mauritius to explore and choices of restuarants, not just the hotels, many many beautiful beaches to explore and not the busy best side of Biyadhoo with guests reserving (broken dirty) sunloungers with plastic lilos, one bar that you might find it difficult to get a seat, one restuarant which is dark and unappealing.

Sutton Coldfield
Level Contributor
272 posts
57 reviews
Save Reply
15. Re: Biyadhoo island ...help

Just back from Biyadoo it is an excellent budget resort we paid same price for 10 days AI. Read some of the recent reviews on the forum they say it all. I must say because it is a retro resort it attracts many retro tourists and the company was great. Many super evenings spent with new friends in the bar and on the beach watching meteor showers and luminesant plankton even boat night fishing. Loved it.

Manchester, United...
Level Contributor
710 posts
45 reviews
Save Reply
16. Re: Biyadhoo island ...help

Rooms are fine but as others have said, its not very romantic. Especially at meal times and in the bar with large noisy groups answered people reserving sunbeds for their entire hol.

Wolverhampton...
Level Contributor
52 posts
74 reviews
Save Reply
17. Re: Biyadhoo island ...help

Hi There,

Having been to Kuredu and Biyadhoo both for diving this is difficult because they both have good and bad points.

As you say Kuredu is mega bucks and thats the main difference with Biyadhoo it isnt,for me Kuredu was fantastic but a two tier island whereas on Biyadhoo you all get the same treatment.

If you need any advice on divesites etc get back to me,on Kuredu it was the kuredu express that did it for me on Biyadhoo its Kandooma Thila both fantastic drop offs with lots of large fish.

Regards

Roger D

Derby, United...
Level Contributor
133 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
18. Re: Biyadhoo island ...help

Expect a 70's style room that's dark, damp and mouldy. Expect the worst then you won't be disappointed. Been and not for me, but for some reason people love. Probably because of the price.

Horsham, United...
Level Contributor
89 posts
50 reviews
Save Reply
19. Re: Biyadhoo island ...help

Just returned from biyadhoo on Sunday night & would I go back to this island, NO I would not have been to the Maldives 6 times before & this was not my favourite. The staff & the food are first class but not much else going for it, & the beach felt like I was on Southend what with all the day trippers, & have never slept on such a hard bed. This is only my opinion.

Will be doing a full trip report soon.

London, United...
Level Contributor
5,955 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
20. Re: Biyadhoo island ...help

Anything of interest on the reef?

Get answers to your questions about South Male Atoll