We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Biyadhoo island ...help

bedfordshire
Level Contributor
293 posts
15 reviews
Save Topic
Biyadhoo island ...help

we are booked to go to mauritius in april/may for our 30th anniversary....we spent our 25th in the "dives" on Kurudu.....and long to go back...but far too expensive...we have now been offered this Biyadhoo for £2200 in total all inclusive......we really want to change our holiday but are so worried about the rooms.....are they as bad as people say.....help....

London, United...
Level Contributor
5,955 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
41. Re: Biyadhoo island ...help

not yet but on my radar although not sure if there's still table-sharing still. It's supposed to have a great reef.

manchester
Level Contributor
691 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
42. Re: Biyadhoo island ...help

I think that island is only with Thomson too,I have just been checking the shuttle out and it's about £100 return so that keeps my options open I suppose :-)

Surrey, UK
Level Contributor
172 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
43. Re: Biyadhoo island ...help

We are booked to go back for our 5th visit in April/May and have been hugely looking forward to it. However, I am now getting quite concerned about the day trippers issue.

The only thing that has ever upset me on Biya is other people's behaviour (yes, including standing on the coral, I am the woman who will tell you off for doing it!) and if there are even more people arriving on the island who have no reason to respect it, or other guests, because they're only there for the day I think it will have a serious impact on the relaxed holiday I crave. I can already feel myself getting a bit anxious......

London, United...
Level Contributor
27,178 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
44. Re: Biyadhoo island ...help

I don't think that because people are there for the day they have less reason to respect the reef, I'm not sure of that logic. People not respecting it is down to the individual, who could also be a guest.

Is your anxiety about people not respecting the reef, or is it about the island being busy ?

Surrey, UK
Level Contributor
172 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
45. Re: Biyadhoo island ...help

Froggie, I take your point.

My anxiety is about both, but tbh and selfishly about the island being busy. With the normal number of guests it's busy enough, and there's always the unwarranted sunlounger wars from dawn. I don't want to spend what for us is a lot of money, and for a special occasion, to find that our desert island retreat has turned into a Costa del Sol crammed on the beach experience.

London, United...
Level Contributor
27,178 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
46. Re: Biyadhoo island ...help

I think that's fair enough. Someone did comment recently it was like Brighton beach. But I guess it ebbs and flows ( no pun intended). I would PM some recent visitors that have posted reviews and ask them. Then you get some insight into recent weeks.

I also would not worry, end of the day, you are going to the maldives:))

Surrey, UK
Level Contributor
172 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
47. Re: Biyadhoo island ...help

Thanks Froggy, I had had that same idea. I'm on the pm'ing case!

48. Re: Biyadhoo island ...help

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 25 February 2013, 22:05
49. Re: Biyadhoo island ...help

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 27 February 2014, 05:15
Get answers to your questions about South Male Atoll