We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Biyadhoo Spending ?

Which South Male Atoll hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Glasgow
Level Contributor
26 posts
11 reviews
Save Topic
Biyadhoo Spending ?

Hi everyone, my wife and I are going to biyadhoo Island in June 2014 on an all inclusive deal. we plan to do a few excursions including Male and Island hopping, Any idea how much spending money we would need for 14 nts. Many Thanks.

Northern Ireland...
Level Contributor
9,124 posts
286 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Biyadhoo Spending ?

small denomination $US for tips, airport incidentals, (shopping in Male), the remainder including excursions on a credit card.

I rarely take more than $200

Glasgow
Level Contributor
26 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Biyadhoo Spending ?

many thanks

Northern Ireland...
Level Contributor
9,124 posts
286 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Biyadhoo Spending ?

Personally, once on my resort island to go back to male on a 45 min speedboat trip, a few hours in Male and 45 mins back to the island is a waste of holiday time. But if you are there for 2 weeks, maybe a trip out will work for you. The dolphin trip was our best excursion at Biyadhoo and we enjoyed the night fishing trip when it was free on AI. I think Male is a bit like Biyadhoo in terms of some people think its an OK thing to do and others wouldnt set foot in Male. So Biyadhoo is a marmite island as is Male City. Incidentally, we loved Biyadhoo especially as we only paid £2.7k for 3 adults on AI in 2012.

Cumbria, United...
Level Contributor
3,446 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Biyadhoo Spending ?

These were the excursion prices as of March 2011 - they didn't alter much in price over the previous 3 years - unfortunately they won't have come down in price but should give you a guide

Picnic on a deserted island (half day) $60 per person

Sunset cruise $25 pp

Snorkelling trip $22 pp

Sunset fishing $22 pp

Island hopping (half day) $30 pp

Dolphin watching $20 pp

Local village $22 pp

Male trip (afternoon) $65 pp

For everything outside your AI package you need to add on 10% service charge and GST which looks like it will be 12% (it has cleared part of the legislative process but I 'm not sure whether it has come into force yet)

You will be asked to sign for everything - drinks, spa visits, water sports, excursions etc regardless of whether you are on AI, as this is apparently part of their inventory procedure. Anything over and above your AI will be charged at the end of your stay and you can pay via a credit card. You will only need cash for tips (and if you plan to visit a local island maybe for souveniers). If you do visit a local island be sure to dress accordingly - thighs and shoulders covered.

Agree with Paul - the dolphin safari is worthwhile - we've done it twice and the crews have found large pods both times but there are no guarantees. You may also see them when you transfer from Male - in which case the captain has usually stopped for photo opportunities. We usually take $300 but our tips also take in the dive centre, boat crews and the compressors boys/helpers.

Northern Ireland...
Level Contributor
9,124 posts
286 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Biyadhoo Spending ?

I mean... C'mon... Biya trips are dead cheap

Glasgow
Level Contributor
26 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Biyadhoo Spending ?

thankyou

Glasgow
Level Contributor
26 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Biyadhoo Spending ?

thankyou

Northern Ireland...
Level Contributor
9,124 posts
286 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Biyadhoo Spending ?

your welcome weegie... the house reef at Biyadhoo remains the second best I have seen, a few metres from shore and circles the island and you will love it. Quite often would see (from the beach) small pods of dolphins cruising past in between Biya and Vilavaru on their way to/from the channel.

Can also highly recommend the Spa. We got 3 x 1 hrs massages (they do special promotions) for us all for $100 which is ridiculously cheap

Glasgow
Level Contributor
26 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Biyadhoo Spending ?

ta for that

10. Re: Biyadhoo Spending ?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 23 January 2015, 05:18