We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Embudu Village scuba diving

Washington DC...
Level Contributor
270 posts
35 reviews
Save Topic
Embudu Village scuba diving

My husband and I are planning to head to Embudu Village in February 2015. The trip is sort of a bonus extra vacation since we won some free tickets on Qatar Airways. So, we were looking for a place that is nice, but won't break the budget and has a house reef.

We have previously been to Vilamendhoo and LOVED it, but feel that it is out of budget for this trip (especially with the addition of seaplane tickets). Can anyone tell me about the house reef and dive program at Embudu? How was the health of the reef, variety of species, quality of boats and boat dives, quality of the dive staff, etc? Do they have Nitrox? We are pretty experienced divers (250+ dives) and this will be our third trip to the Maldives. Our last big dive trip was to Wakatobi, Indonesia so our expectations are kind of high.

Thanks in advance!

Kent, England
Level Contributor
4,471 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Embudu Village scuba diving

I've not been but it's an island I've looked at many times and there are some astounding videos on YouTube of the snorkeling and diving, well worth looking at if you haven't already?

London, United...
Level Contributor
103 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Embudu Village scuba diving

Kim, we are off to Embudu on the 13th of April and I'm a diver too.

From my research it looks like Diverland are a pro' outfit and the house reef etc looks fantastic to me anyway, but I have only saw it on other people's videos.

Check out either Diverland or Embudu's site for a little more info.

I shall hopefully be grabbing some underwater footage whilst there...so hold tight and in a few weeks if all goes well you'll be able to see another video on top of the countless others on YouTube & Vimeo.

Best Wishes.

London, United...
Level Contributor
103 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Embudu Village scuba diving

I have now returned from Embudu and for me at least I thought the house reef was superb, there was some dead and broken coral here and there but on the whole a great reef.

My experience with Diverland was very good, I found these guy's to be one of the most proffessional outfits I have ever dived with, but I only have around 50 or so logged dives but have dived and used various company's around the globe....U.K, The Grenadines, Mauritius, Sri Lanka and obviously The Maldives.....Diverland being the best.

4. Re: Embudu Village scuba diving

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 31 May 2015, 07:16
Get answers to your questions about South Male Atoll